Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
|Owner||Cities of Dallas and Fort Worth|
|Operator||DFW Airport Board|
|Serves||Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex|
|Location||Dallas/Tarrant county line|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||607 ft / 185 m|
|Coordinates||32°53′49″N 097°02′17″W / 32.89694°N 97.03806°WCoordinates: 32°53′49″N 097°02′17″W / 32.89694°N 97.03806°W|
FAA airport diagram
Sources: Airports Council International, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (IATA: DFW, ICAO: KDFW, FAA LID: DFW), often called Dallas Airport and DFW Airport, is between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. It is the busiest airport in Texas. It serves the larger Dallas–Fort Worth metropolitan area. Regional, national and international flights use this airport. Flights go to 144 domestic and 47 international destinations.
In 2010, it was the fourth busiest airport in the world in terms of aircraft movements with 652,261. it was the eighth busiest airport in the world when measured by passenger traffic, with 56,906,610 passengers in 2010. It is the main hub and largest hub for American Airlines.
The airport is in the cities of Coppell, Euless, Grapevine, and Irving.  The land for DFW was purchased by both Dallas and Fort Worth in 1966, and construction began in 1969.
Airlines[change | change source]
These airlines go to DFW Airport: 
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- American Eagle Airlines
- Boutique Air
- British Airways
- Cayman Airways
- Delta Air Lines
- Delta Connection
- Emirates Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Korean Air
- Qatar Airways
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- United Express
Gallery[change | change source]
A Delta Air Lines airplane at the airport in 1988.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Perryman, M. Ray (April 9, 2016). "In flight: The economic impact of DFW Airport". Fort Worth Business Journal. Archived from the original on October 9, 2019. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- ↑ "Preliminary World Airport Traffic and Rankings 2013 – High Growth Dubai Moves Up to 7th Busiest Airport". Airports Council International. March 31, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- ↑ Firozi, Paulina (February 16, 2020). "Video shows airport police stunning, wrestling with traveler at Dallas airport". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 17, 2020. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- ↑ Thomaselli, Rich. "WATCH: Man Fights Police at DFW Airport, Passengers Help Subdue Him". Travel Pulse. Archived from the original on February 17, 2020. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- ↑ "About DFW International Airport". DFW Airport. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- ↑ "Coppell City, Texas Archived 2006-09-25 at the Wayback Machine." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 27, 2009.
- ↑ "Euless City, Texas[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 27, 2009.
- ↑ "Grapevine City, Texas Archived 2008-06-07 at the Wayback Machine." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 27, 2009.
- ↑ "Irving City, Texas Archived 2008-05-17 at the Wayback Machine." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 27, 2009.
- ↑ "dfwairport.com - Airlines". www.dfwairport.com.[permanent dead link]