Patani in 2019
|Born|| (28 or 25)13 June 1992 or 27 July 1995|
Disha Patani (pronounced [d̪ɪˈʃaː pəˈʈaːni]) is an Indian actress. She mainly works in Hindi movies. She made her acting debut in the Telugu movie Loafer (2015) with Varun Tej. She later made her Hindi debut in the sports biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016). She starred in the Chinese action comedy Kung Fu Yoga (2017), which is one of the highest earning Chinese movies. She played the lady-love of the main male character in the profit-making Hindi action movies Baaghi 2 (2018) and Bharat (2019).
Early life[change | change source]
Patani is a Kumaoni from Uttarakhand. Her hometown is Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. She has studied engineering. She is from the Rajput community. Her father Jagdish Singh Patani is a policeman and her mother is a health inspector. Her elder sister Khushboo Patani is a lieutenant in the Indian Armed Forces. She also has a younger brother Suryansh Patani.
Career[change | change source]
Patani made her debut in 2015 with Varun Tej in the Telugu movie Loafer. She played the role of Mouni, a girl who runs away from home to escape from a forced marriage. The movie was directed by Puri Jagannath and produced by C. Kalyan. It was produced under C.K. Entertainment. The movie was made on a budget of ₹200 million. It performed poorly at the box office with a total collection of ₹106 million. Next year, Disha appeared in a music video Befikra with Tiger Shroff. It was produced by Bhushan Kumar and Krishan Kumar. It was produced under T-Series and was composed by Meet Bros. The song was written and directed by Meet Bros. Singer Aditi Singh Sharma gave her voice in the song.
Patani got her successful role with Neeraj Pandey's biographical sports movie M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story. It was based on the life of former Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The movie also stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Kiara Advani.
References[change | change source]
- "Is Disha Patani lying about her age?". The Times of India. TNN. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- The Hitlist Team (19 July 2016). "Is Tiger Shroff's rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani 'faking' her age?". Mid Day. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "'Baaghi 3': Disha Patani stuns with her bold moves in the 'Do You Love Me?' song". Deccan Herald. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- Patil, Rohan (15 July 2020). "Disha Patani Posts An Adorable Picture To Wish Her Brother On His Birthday". Republic World. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "Disha Patani feels that she is still the pahadi girl that she used to be". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Disha Patani receives a heartfelt letter from her youngest fan from Bareilly". Mid-Day. 22 January 2019. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Disha Patani opens up about her journey from a Bareilly girl to a successful actress". Mid-Day. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Disha Patani: The only time I'm not shy is when I'm facing the camera - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- Tiwari, Saumya (13 June 2019). "Exclusive: पुलिस अफसर पापा की जुबानी, बेटी दिशा पाटनी के स्टार बनने की कहानी". Jansatta (in Hindi). Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Disha Patani Introduces Her Army Officer Sister Khushboo in Instagram Post". News18. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Varun Tej - Puri Jagannadh film titled 'Loafer'". IndiaGlitz. 21 June 2015. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Loafer Review". 17 December 2015. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Loafer reaches Half-Way Mark". Tupaki.com. 27 December 2015. Archived from the original on 24 May 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's single 'Befikra' launched in Mumbai".
- Sonil Dedhia (16 January 2017). "Disha Patani to play MS Dhoni's ex-girlfriend". Times of India. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Disha Patani.|