Ed Sheeran at Wembley Stadium in July 2015
Edward Christopher Sheeran
17 February 1991
|Net worth||US $60 million|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Cherry Seaborn (m. 2018)
|Origin||Framlingham, Suffolk, England|
Edward Christopher "Ed" Sheeran MBE (born 17 February 1991) is a British singer-songwriter and guitarist. He also writes and produces songs on his own and created his label, Paw Print Records. Sheeran is recognized for doing pop music. He was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire. As a child, he lived in Framlingham, Suffolk, England. He is very close with most of his family such as jack Stevenson who is Ed’s cousin - Jack is also in a band called UsualSuspex which Ed is a massive fan off.
2005–10: Early career[change | change source]
In 2005, Sheeran started publishing some EP albums. The first one has been named Orange Room EP. He continued publishing EPs until 2010 when he released Songs I Wrote with Amy. It was the last EP released before publishing his number one popular album +.
2011–13: +[change | change source]
In 2011 he made his first album, called +. The album went to number one in the music rankings of many countries and had also been certified double platinum. Some of the songs on this album have been successful, such as "The A Team" and "Lego House" (leaked as the third single of the album in November 2011). Also, the song "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" was released as the second single in August before the album came out. As the fourth single, "Drunk" was out in January 2012. Finally, the song "Give Me Love" was released as the sixth and final single of +, on November 26. From this album, his first single "The A Team" has been recently nominated in the Song of the Year category for the 2013 Grammy Awards. Sheeran was nominated in many categories at the 2013 BRIT Awards.
He collaborated with Taylor Swift on her fourth album Red, doing a duet with her on the song "Everything Has Changed". He has also written songs for One Direction. He wrote the song "Moment" and gave it to One Direction in 2011. He co-wrote two songs that were on their second album Take Me Home. He first gave them the song "Little Things" that he had written with his friend Fiona Bevan when he was 17 years-old. As well as this, co-wrote the song "Over Again".
2014–16: ×[change | change source]
"Don't", Sheeran's #3 song on his album × (pronounced "multiply"), was released in 2014 and was nominated for several awards. The song was about how Ellie Goulding was cheating on him with One Direction's Niall Horan. In the song, it says, "it's not like we were both on tour. We were staying on the same hotel floor." Goulding did, in fact, cheat on him while they were staying in the same hotel. Sheeran thought it was very easy to forgive Goulding after he found out about it.
The most successful single from × was "Thinking Out Loud", which reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and finished at the number-two song of 2015 in the United States. Sheeran won Grammy Awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for the song.
Sheeran collaborated with Justin Bieber on Bieber's album Purpose. He co-wrote the song "Love Yourself", which became a number-one hit for Bieber in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia, and the song finished as the number-one song of 2016 in the US.
2017–18: ÷[change | change source]
Sheeran's third studio album, ÷ ("divide"), was released on 3 March 2017. He released the two singles "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" in January 2017. "Shape of You" became his first number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 when it entered at the top of the chart. The song has reached number one in several countries around the world, and "Castle on the Hill" has become a top-ten hit.[source?] Sheeran became the first artist to have songs enter at numbers one and two at the same time on the UK Singles Chart when the first single was at the top and "Castle on the Hill" was at number two. His song ''Galway Girl'' has reached the number one position in the Scotland and Ireland singles charts. All of the album's songs were within the top 20 of the UK Singles Chart.
In December 2017, Sheeran released the single "Perfect". He later released an acoustic duet version with singer Beyoncé and an orchestral version with Andrea Bocelli. The song went on to top the charts of several countries worldwide.
2019: No. 6 Collaborations Project[change | change source]
In May 2019, Sheeran released the song "I Don't Care" (with Justin Bieber) as the first single from his then-upcoming album, No. 6 Collaborations Project. The song reached number one in Australia and the UK and number two in Canada and the US.[source?] The album also includes the songs "Cross Me" (with Chance the Rapper); "BLOW" (with PnB Rock, Bruno Mars, and Chris Stapleton); and "South of the Border" (with Camila Cabello and Cardi B).
Awards[change | change source]
Grammy Awards[change | change source]
|2013||Song of the Year||"The A Team"||Nominated|||
|2014||Best New Artist||Ed Sheeran||Nominated|||
|2015||Album of the Year||×||Nominated|||
|Best Pop Vocal Album||Nominated|
|2016||Song of the Year||Won|||
|Best Pop Solo Performance||Won|
|2018||"Shape of You"||Won|||
|Best Pop Vocal Album||÷||Won|
Personal life[change | change source]
Despite his popularity and fame, Sheeran has been spotted smoking several times. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, published on YouTube on 5 March 2014, Sheeran revealed that smoking is his worst habit. After ten years as a smoker, he now claims to be smoke-free. However, in an article published on the Daily Mail website, on 19 March 2015, he was spotted smoking a roll-up cigarette, outside a hotel in Brisbane. He has since quit smoking again.
He is also very close with cousin Jack Stevenson , who has also continued the Musical background and preforms on drums for Cumbernauld band UsualSuspex
References[change | change source]
- "Ed Sheeran Net Worth - TheRichest". www.therichest.com.
- "record label". sugarscape. 08 December 2011. Check date values in:
- . Ed SHeeran Official Website http://edsheeran.com/. Missing or empty
- "Ed Sheeran". The Irish Times. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Debut Album '+' Goes Double Platinum". capitalfm. 9th December 2011. Check date values in:
- "new single 'Give Me Love'". digitalspy. 12 november 2012. Check date values in:
- "Grammy's Nominations". Grammy.
- "Brit Awards Nominees". BRIT AWARDS 2013 NOMINEES.
- "Olympic Closing Ceremony". sugarscape. 12 August 2012.
- "Ed Sheeran writes for 1D debut album". capitalfm. 18th November 2011. Check date values in:
- "Ed Sheeran writes for One Direction". http://web.orange.co.uk. External link in
- "One Direction Works With Ed Sheeran". sugarscape. 20 Feb 2012.
- Ojomu, Nola (22 October 2014). "Ed Sheeran admits he has forgiven his ex Ellie Goulding for 'cheating' with pal Niall Horan". Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Brit Awards 2012: List of winners". BBC News. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Grammys 2013: Complete list of nominees and winners". LAtimes.com. Los Angeles Times. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Grammy Awards 2014: Full Nominations List". Billboard. Prometheus Media LLC. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Lynch, Joe (5 December 2014). "Grammys 2015: See the Full List of Nominees". Billboard. Prometheus Media LLC. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "Past Winners Search". GRAMMY.com. Recording Academy. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "See The Full List Of 60th GRAMMY Winners". GRAMMY.com. 2017-11-27. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- On Air With Ryan Seacrest (5 March 2014). "Ed Sheeran Reveals His Worst Habit I Interview I On Air with Ryan Seacrest" – via YouTube.
- "Ed Sheeran seen smoking roll-up cigarette in Brisbane". Mail Online. 19 March 2015.
- "Meet Cherry Seaborn, Ed Sheeran's high school crush and fiancee". The Sun. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- Morin, Alyssa (Wed Feb 27 18:03:57 PST 2019). "Ed Sheeran Reportedly Marries Cherry Seaborn in Secret Ceremony". E! Online (published 2019-02-27). Retrieved 2019-07-21. Check date values in: