Eurocopter EC725 Caracal
|French Air Force Eurocopter EC725 Caracal in Paris in 2012.|
|National origin||France & Germany|
|Primary user||French Air Force|
24.5 millions $
The Eurocopter EC725 Caracal is a French and German military helicopter. It is built by Eurocopter. It is the last model of the Super Pumas series. This helicopter shares part of its avionics with EC225 Super Puma Mk-2.
Equipment & weapons[change | change source]
All Eurocopter EC725 Caracal had got a Forward Looking Infra-Red (or FLIR) at the forward fuselage. It is like a ball. Some helicopters, like French ones, can be refueled in flight. Most have a gundoor, generally one or two 7.62mm– or 12.7mm–calibre machine gun.
Users[change | change source]
In France Eurocopter EC725 Caracal is mainly used to transport special forces, like in Brazil. It was used in the Afghanistan War and in Mali by the French. Some of their helicopters were used in January 2013 for an operation of the French special forces and DGSE's agents in Somalia.
References[change | change source]
- "You are being redirected..." www.aircraftcompare.com.
- Pocock, Chris. "French Squadron Uses EC725 Helicopters to "Fight and Rescue"". Aviation International News.
- "H225M Cougar Medium Multimission Helicopter".
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Jackson, Robert, Helicopters: Military, Civilian, and Rescue Rotorcraft (The Aviation Factfile). London: Grange Books Ltd, 2005. ISBN 1-84013-812-2.
- Frawley, Gerard, The international directory of military aircraft 2002/2003 . London: Aerospace Publication, 2002. ISBN 1-875671-55-2.