The Free European Song Contest (abbrev. as FreeESC) is a song contest run by the private channel ProSieben that started in 2020. Different singers representing countries in Europe (mainly) compete every year.
Some of the competitors are famous singers include: Nico Santos (famous singer in Germany), Max Mutzke (represented Baden-Württemberg at the Bundesvision Song Contest 2014, Ilse DeLange (represented the Netherlands at the ESC2014 as member of The Common Linnets), Sarah Lombardi (participant in the 8º season of Deutschland sucht den Superstar), Eko Fresh (German rapper of Turkish and Kurdish descent who won 5 awards).
The Free European Song Contest was created by Stefan Raab (with the collaboration of the private channel ProSieben and the production company Brainpool TV) after the cancelation of the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 by the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe. The first contest took place at the ProSieben Studios, Cologne, Germany on 16 May 2020 at 20:15 CEST on the television channel ProSieben and the second contest took place at the Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany.
List of winners[change | change source]
|2020||Spain||Like I Love You||Nico Santos||FreeESC 2020|
|2021||Ireland||The One||Rea Garvey||FreeESC 2021|
Highest placings of non-winning countries[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
- Eurovision Song Contest (Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light)
- Junior Eurovision Song Contest
- Eurovision Asia Song Contest (Asian version of Eurovision)
- AfriMusic Song Contest (African contest based in Eurovision)
- Bundevision Song Contest (previus contest made by ProSieben)
- Turkvision Song Contest (Turkish contest organised by TMB TV and created by TÜRKSOY for the Turkic countries and Turkic people)