Galaţi (pronounced [gaˈlaʦʲ], Turkish: Kalas; German: Galatz; Polish: Gałacz) is a city in the eastern part of Romania, in the historical region of Moldavia. It is the capital city of Galaţi County.
It lies on the west bank of the Danube River, near Moldova and Ukraine.
As of 2016, about 304,000 people were living in Galaţi.
- Coventry, England; since 1963.
- Piraeus, Greece; since 1985.
- Wuhan, China; since 1987.
- Pessac, France; since 1991.
- Limón, Costa Rica; since 1992.
- Hammond, United States; since 1997.
- Mykolaiv, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Odessa, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Sevastopol, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Yalta, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Ancona, Italy.
- Jesi, Italy; since 2003.
- Scottsbluff, United States; since 2007
- Bombay, India; since 2007.
- Brindisi, Italy; since 2007.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Galaţi.