George Pataki 2016 presidential campaign
|Pataki for President|
|Campaign||Republican primaries |
United States presidential election, 2016
|Candidate||George Pataki |
Governor of New York (1995-2006)
|Headquarters||132 E. 43rd St. #614|
New York, New York
|Key people||Vincent Balascio, campaign manager|
|Slogan||People over politics|
The 2016 presidential campaign of George Pataki, the 53rd Governor of New York, was formally launched on May 28, 2015. After having considered a candidacy in previous cycles, his campaign for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election is his first bid for the presidency.
On December 29, 2015, Pataki announced that he would be ending his Presidential campaign.
Background[change | change source]
n an August 2014 interview with Newsmax TV, Pataki once again expressed interest in a possible presidential bid, this time for the 2016 Republican nomination. In January 2015, he revealed to ABC News that he had launched a political action committee (PAC) for the purpose of exploring, and making preparations for, a possible presidential candidacy.
On May 14, 2015, Pataki stated on MSNBC's Morning Joe that he would announce his decision regarding his potential candidacy on May 28 at an event in New Hampshire. He later confirmed to the New York Post that he intended to announce his candidacy for the 2016 Republican presidential nominination at the aforementioned event.
Campaign[change | change source]
Pataki officially launched his presidential campaign on May 28, 2015. He initially confirmed his candidacy via a video message which appeared on his website, before making a formal announcement before a gathering of supporters and members of the media in Exeter, New Hampshire.
Polling[change | change source]
As of late July 2015, Pataki has been polling at less than 1 % of the Republican primary voters.
References[change | change source]
- "Candidate (P60007572) Summary Reports – 2016 Cycle". Federal Election Commission. Retrieved July 20, 2015.
- Nagourney, Adam (July 15, 2005). "Pataki Will Test '08 Winds in Iowa". The New York Times. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Former NY Gov. George Pataki says he's planning to drop White House bid, ABC-TV 13 KTRK-TV, December 29, 2015.
- Chumley, Cheryl K. (August 8, 2014) "George Pataki cites Obama’s ‘hideous’ hits at Constitution as reason for possible 2016 run", The Washington Times. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- "Former New York Gov. Pataki to Test Presidential Waters with New PAC". KTIC Radio. January 22, 2015. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Gass, Nick (May 14, 2015) "George Pataki will have announcement on White House run on May 28", Politico. Retrieved May , 2015.
- Schultz, Marisa (May 25, 2015). "George Pataki to announce presidential bid Thursday". New York Post. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Jaffe, Alexandra (May 26, 2015). "Pataki launching presidential bid Thursday". CNN.com. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Fahrenthold, David A. (May 28, 2015). "George Pataki announces presidential campaign". The Washington Post. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Ramer, Holly (May 28, 2015). "Former NY GOP governor Pataki in the race for president". Associated Press. Retrieved May 28, 2015.