|District||Gautam Budh Nagar|
|Time zone||UTC+5.30 (IST)|
Greater Noida (GN) (Hindi: ग्रेटर नोएडा, Urdu: بڑا نویڈا, pronunciation: Baṛa Nōēḍā) is in the Gautam Budh Nagar district of the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh (UP). It is under the control of the National Capital Region (NCR) of India. It is about 40-kilometre (25 mi) south-east of New Delhi and about 20-kilometre (12 mi) south-east of Noida, one of the largest industrial townships in Asia.
The development of Greater Noida is managed by the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA). Greater Noida is a fast growing region.
History[change | change source]
In the early 1980s, Delhi was growing at a rapid rate. The Government of India planned to develop two new areas around the capital. These residential and industrial areas would reduce the burden on the capital. The two areas were Gurgaon and Noida. Noida's infrastructure and utilities was carefully designed. With the large growth of the Indian economy in the 1990s, Noida became overcrowded.
The government of Uttar Pradesh decided to incorporate the city of Greater Noida. This would be an extension to Noida. The planning of Greater Noida would be improved from what was learned in Noida. Greater Noida is a planned township. Roads are wide with service lanes for every major road. All cabling and utilities are run underground.
The Buddh International Circuit is currently under construction. It is scheduled to open in 2011. It will host the Indian Grand Prix, a new race to the Formula One schedule. This will be the first F1 race in India.
Landmarks[change | change source]
Hospitals[change | change source]
- Kailash Hospital
- ITS Dental Hospital
- Sharda Hospital
- Shashi Dental Care,B-104 Alpha 1
- Yatarth Hospital Near Sector P-3
- Sehdev Hospital Nead Sector P-3
- Navin Hospital
- Bakson homoeopathic medical college and hospital
Universities[change | change source]
Engineering Colleges[change | change source]
- Skyline Institute of Engineering & Technology (SIET)
- Greater Noida Institute of Technology(GNIT)
- Priyadarshini College of Computer Sciences
- College of Engineering and Technology-IILM-AHL (CET-IILM-AHL)
- ITS college of engineering
- Galgotias Collage of Engineering & Technology
- IEC College of Engineering
- Alpine College of Engineering
- G.L.Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management (GLBITM)
- Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology
- United College of Engineering & Research
- DIT School of Engineering
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Investment Opportunities | Greater Noida: Welcome to the Future
- "Mallya, Chandhok welcome India's entry into F1 Championship". The Times of India. 2010-09-09. Retrieved 2011-07-10.