حليمة بنت يعقوب
ஹலிமா பின்தி யாகொப்
|8th President of Singapore|
|Assumed office |
14 September 2017
|Prime Minister||Lee Hsien Loong|
|Preceded by||Tony Tan Keng Yam|
|Speaker of Parliament|
14 January 2013 – 7 August 2017
Lim Biow Chuan
|Preceded by||Michael Palmer|
|Succeeded by||Tan Chuan-Jin|
|Born||23 August 1954|
|Political party||People's Action Party (2001–2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Mohammed Abdullah Alhabshee|
|Education||National University of Singapore (LLB, LLM)|
Yacob was a member of the country's governing People's Action Party (PAP), she was the ninth Speaker of Parliament, from January 2013 to August 2017. She was a Member of Parliament (MP) representing Jurong Group Representation Constituency between 2001 and 2015, and Marsiling-Yew Tee Group Representation Constituency between 2015 and 2017. On 7 August 2017, she resigned from her positions as Speaker and MP, and from her membership in the PAP, to stand as a candidate for the 2017 Singapore presidential election.
References[change | change source]
- "Mdm Halimah Yacob", Singapore Parliament, retrieved 21 May 2011
- U-Wen, Lee. "Halimah Yacob declared president-elect after walkover victory". Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Halimah Yacob Became First Woman Speaker of the Singapore Parliament". Jagran Josh. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "PM Lee accepts Halimah Yacob's resignation from the PAP". Channel NewsAsia. 7 August 2017. Archived from the original on 7 August 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Who is Halimah Yacob, Singapore's first female President?". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2017-09-13.