||This article may have too many red links. (October 2011)|
Racing[change | change source]
During the 1980s, Tilke competed in touring car racing. Most of his racing was on the old Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit. He also competed in VLN endurance racing and 24 Hours Nürburgring. He and Dirk Adorf won some VLN races with a V8Star Series in 2003 and 2004.
Architecture[change | change source]
Tilke established Tilke Engineering in 1984 to combine the skills in architecture, civil engineering and electronic engineering. Tilke Engineering provides complete solutions for motor racing and waste disposal projects.
Tilke made changes to many established F1 circuits. Because of this, Tilke was able to earn the contracts to design many of new new, high-profile circuits from scratch.
Tilke's trademark of circuit design is a mixture long straight and tight hairpins. These are intended to encourage overtaking.
Criticism[change | change source]
List of Circuits[change | change source]
Tilke has design many high-profile new world circuits from scratch. These include:
- 1998 Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
- 2004 Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain
- 2004 Shanghai International Circuit, China
- 2005 Istanbul Park Racing Circuit, Turkey
- 2006 Cancun, Mexico *Undeveloped
- 2006 Beijing International Streetcircuit, China
- 2008 Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore *concept design
- 2007 Bucharest Ring, Romania
- 2008 Swedbank kartodroms, Latvia
- 2008 Valencia Street Circuit, Spain
- 2008 Jakarta Street Circuit, Indonesia
- 2009 Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi-United Arab Emirates
- 2009 Motorland Aragón, Alcaniz, Spain (MotoGP venue)
- 2010 Korean International Circuit, South Korea
- 2010 Moscow Raceway, Russia (Planned MotoGP Venue)
- 2010 Kazakhstan Motor City, Republic of Kazakhstan
- 2010 Atlanta Motorsports Park, United States of America (under construction)
- 2011 Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida, India 
- 2012 Circuit of the Americas, United States of America (under development)
References[change | change source]
- "Track Design to Blame for Lack of Overtaking". 2009-11-10.
- "Is Hermann Tilke Slowly Killing Formula One?". 2008.
- "The people behind the Grand Prix in India". grandprix.com. Inside F1, Inc. 2007-11-15. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- "Indian track named Buddh International Circuit". formula1.com. Formula One World Championship Ltd. 2011-04-25. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Release of US GP details eases scepticism". 2010-07-28.
- Wilde, Russell (2011-04-13). "F1 organizers divulge details of Austin race site". ynn.com. TWEAN News Channel of Austin, L.P. Retrieved 2011-04-13.