Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC; Chinese: 中国工商银行; pinyin: Zhōngguó Gōngshāng Yínháng) is the largest bank in the world by profit and market capitalization. It is one of China's 'Big Four' state-owned commercial banks. The other three banks are Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, and China Construction Bank. It was founded on January 1, 1984. At first it was a private company. It had assets of RMB 12.55 trillion (US$1.9 trillion). It also had over 18,000 outlets including 106 overseas branches and agents globally. In 2013, it was ranked number 1 on Forbes Global 2000 list of world's biggest public companies.
Zhōngguó Gōngshāng Yínháng
|Chen Siqing (Chairman) |
Gu Shu (CEO)
|Products||Finance and insurance, consumer banking, corporate banking, investment banking, investment management, global wealth management, private equity, mortgage loans, credit cards|
|Revenue|| CN¥725.12 billion|
$105.4 billion (2018)
References[change | change source]
- "ICBC tops Citigroup as world's biggest bank". China Daily. Reuters. 24 July 2007.
- China's biggest bank goes to market, Financial Times
- "ICBC". Forbes. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- "The World's Biggest Public Companies". Forbes. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
- Chinese language version and transliteration here does not include the word "Limited", as shown within the introduction; c.f. (foot of p.207) "..ICBC's legal status was changed..its new name changed to ICBC Limited...", in, Franklin Allen, Darien Huang, Jun 'QJ' Qian, Mengxin Zhao (2012) — p.207 of (Masahiko Aoki, Jinglian Wu; editors) — The Chinese Economy: A New Transition, published by Palgrave Macmillan 19 October 2012 ISBN 1137034300, ISBN 9781137034304 – accessdate 2020-02-08 ("limited" sourced originally from within ICBC Business Review, published by ICBC, – accessed 2020-02-06)
- Xiuwen Feng (2016) — On Aesthetic and Cultural Issues in Pragmatic Translation: Based on the Translation of Brand Names and Brand Slogans, (page after "Section 1"), published by Routledge 15 July 2016, ISBN 1317528549, ISBN 9781317528548 – accessdate 2020-02-08 (page locatable using the search criteria "the chinese word for Industrial and commercial bank of China": link directs to Google return page not source; this source used to source "Pinyin", transliteration (phonetic) of pinyin version and to verify actual pinyin version)
- Learn Chinese Words, published by http://learn-chinese-words.com – accessdate 2020-02-08 < - accessed from Google Translate return of copy from within http://big5.icbc.com.cn/icbc/ (Chinese language) - accessdate 2020-02-08
- "MOVES-China picks BoC boss Chen Siqing to head top bank ICBC – sources". Reuters. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- Si Qing Chen, 58 Chairman, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd., published by the Wall Street Journal – accessed 7 February 2020
- #1 ICBC, published by Forbes, &, Board of Directors, published by ICBC – accessed 7 February 2020
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 June 2019. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- "ICBC Annual Report 2016" (PDF). ICBC. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Financial Reports
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (in Chinese)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China