Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University
||The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (January 2012)|
|Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University|
|जगद्गुरु रामभद्राचार्य विकलांग विश्वविद्यालय|
The main building of Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University on August 14, 2010 with the Indian national flag hoisted
|Motto||Sanskrit: सेवाधर्मः परमगहनः|
|Motto in English||The duty of service is most difficult.|
|Established||September 27, 2001|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. B. Pandey|
|Location||Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh, India
Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University (or in short JRHU) (Sanskrit: जगद्गुरुरामभद्राचार्यविकलाङ्गविश्वविद्यालयः, Hindi: जगद्गुरु रामभद्राचार्य विकलांग विश्वविद्यालय), is a university in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is the first university in India and the world which is only for disabled people. It was started on September 27, 2001 by Jagadguru Rambhadracharya. It is run by a trust named as Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Viklang Shikshan Sansthan. The trust is responsible for all planned works of the university. It was created by a local law of the Uttar Pradesh Government, which was afterwards accepted as the Uttar Pradesh State Act 32 (2001) by the Uttar Pradesh legislature. This act assigned Jagadguru Rambhadracharya as the chancellor of this university for his entire life.
The university offers graduate, post-graduate and doctorate degrees in courses such as Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Sociology, Psychology, Fine Arts, Special education, Education, History, Culture & Archeology, Computer & Information Sciences, Vocational Education, Law, Economics, and Prosthetics and Orthotics. The university is planning to give courses in Ayurveda and Medical Sciences from 2013. The permission to enter into the university is limited to only four types of disabled students – those who are blind, or have difficulty in hearing, having difficulty in walking or having some mental illness, as defined in the Disability Act (1995) of the Government of India. Various degrees were given to 354 disabled students in the second graduation ceremony of the university which was held in March 2010. In the third graduation ceremony which was held in January 2011, 388 disabled students were given degrees. All the facilities in the university such as classrooms, hostel and laboratory etc. are disabled friendly.
References[change | change source]
- "About JRHU". Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University. http://www.jrhu.com/index_files/Page329.htm. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- Shubhra (February 12, 2010). "जगद्गुरु रामभद्राचार्य विकलांग विश्वविद्यालय [Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University]" (in Hindi). Bhāratīya Pakṣa. http://www.bhartiyapaksha.com/?p=9111. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Subhash, Tarun (July 3, 2005). "A Special University for Special Students: UP does a first – it establishes the country's first exclusive university for physically and mentally disabled students". Hindustan Times. http://www.disabilityindia.org/djinstjuly05C.cfm#up. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Dikshit, Ragini (July 10, 2007). "चित्रकूट: दुनिया का प्रथम विकलांग विश्वविद्यालय [Chitrakuta: The world's first handicapped university]" (in Hindi). Jansatta Express.
- Correspondent, Chitrakut (January 5, 2011). "प्रज्ञाचक्षु की आंख बन गई बुआ जी [Buaji became the eye of the visually impaired]" (in Hindi). Jagran Yahoo. http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_7135652.html. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- Aneja, Mukta; Eyeway Team (2005), "Shri Ram Bhadracharyaji – A Religious Head With A Vision", Abilities Redefined – Forty Life Stories Of Courage And Accomplishment, All India Confederation of the Blind, pp. 66–68, http://www.aicb.in/images/success_story.pdf, retrieved April 25, 2011
- "JAGADGURU RAMBHADRACHARYA VIKLANG SEVA SANGH" (DOC). http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fngoboards.org%2Fsites%2Fngoboards.org%2Ffiles%2Fabout%2520viklang%2520seva%2520sangh.doc&ei=zn9bTtC7OI3JrAe74InHCg&usg=AFQjCNG-mthTv77vHD83gAOGkmG-rqDxJg&sig2=tngsJhF4NNRNDDOkZafquA. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- "Education". jrhu.8m.net. http://jrhu.8m.net/catalog.html. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Government of Uttar Pradesh, Department of Information Technology and Electronics. "सूचना का अधिकार अधिनियम २००५: अनुक्रमणिका [Right to Information Act 2005: Index]" (in Hindi). http://infotech.up.nic.in/hindi/suchana/suchana.htm. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "Home". Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University. http://www.jrhu.com/index.htm. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- Sinha, R. P. (December 1, 2006). E-Governance in India: initiatives & issues. New Delhi, India: Concept Publishing Company. p. 104. ISBN 8180693112, 9788180693113.
- Gupta, Amita; Kumar, Ashish (July 6, 2006). Handbook of universities. New Delhi, India: Atlantic Publishers and Distributors. p. 395. ISBN 8126906081, 9788126906086.
- Lok Sabha, The Office of Speaker. "Speeches". http://speakerloksabha.nic.in/Speech/SpeechDetails.asp?SpeechId=195. Retrieved March 8, 2011. "Swami Rambhadracharya, ..., is a celebrated Sanskrit scholar and educationist of great merit and achievement. ... His academic accomplishments are many and several prestigious Universities have conferred their honorary degrees on him. A polyglot, he has composed poems in many Indian languages. He has also written about 75 books on diverse themes having a bearing on our culture, heritage, traditions and philosophy which have received appreciation. A builder of several institutions, he started the Vikalanga Vishwavidyalaya at Chitrakoot, of which he is the lifelong Chancellor."
- Dwivedi, Gyanendra Kumar (December 1, 2008). Analysis and Design of Algorithm. New Delhi, India: Laxmi Publications. p. x. ISBN 8131801160, 9788131801161.
- Aneja 2005, p. 68.
- "Courses Offered". Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University. http://www.jrhu.com/index_files/Page449.htm. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Correspondent, Mahoba (July 6, 2011). "विकलांगों के लिए मेडिकल कालेज जल्द [Soon, a medical college for the disabled]" (in Hindi). Amar Ujala. http://www.amarujala.com/city/Mahoba/Mahoba-33757-44.html. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- Government of Uttar Pradesh, Department of Information Technology and Electronics. "कम्प्यूटर शिक्षा [Computer Education]" (in Hindi). http://infotech.up.nic.in/hindi/ourgoal/our_goal_3.htm. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- Correspondent, Chitrakut (February 24, 2010). "विकलांग विश्वविद्यालय का दूसरा दीक्षात समारोह ७ मार्च को [Second convocation of the Handicapped University to be held on March 7]" (in Hindi). Jagran Yahoo. http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_6211271.html. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- "औपचारिकताओं के बीच संपन्न हुआ विकलांग विवि का दीक्षान्त समारोह [Convocation of Handicapped University completed amidst formalities]" (in Hindi). Bundelkhand Live. March 7, 2010. http://www.bundelkhandlive.com/site/?p=6289. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Correspondent, Chitrakut (March 7, 2010). "अच्छी शिक्षा-दीक्षा से विकलांग बनेंगे राष्ट्र प्रगति में सहायक [With good education and dedication, the disabled will contribute to the progress of the nation]" (in Hindi). Jagran Yahoo. http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_6236876.html. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Indo-Asian News Service (January 15, 2011). "चित्रकूट में राजनाथ सिंह को मानद उपाधि [Rajnath Singh awarded honorary degree in Chitrakuta]" (in Hindi). One India Hindi. http://thatshindi.oneindia.in/news/2011/01/15/20110115240706-aid0122.html. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- SNB, Chitrakut (January 15, 2011). "रामभद्राचार्य विवि का दीक्षांत समारोह - राजनाथ सिंह डीलिट की उपाधि से सम्मानित [Convocation of Rambhadracharya Handicapped University – Rajnath Singh awarded honorary DLitt]" (in Hindi). Rashtriya Sahara. http://rashtriyasahara.samaylive.com/epapermain.aspx?queryed=9&boxid=3291131&parentid=18540&eddate=01/15/11&querypage=15. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- "Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University - Chitrakoot, Karwi". http://www.upeducation.net/universities/Handicapped_University/. Retrieved August 27, 2011.