|Motto||ʻallam al-insān-a mā lam yaʻlam|
Motto in English
|Taught man what he knew not.|
|Established||29 October 1920|
|Founders||Mahmud Hasan Deobandi|
Mohammad Ali Jauhar
Hakim Ajmal Khan
Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari
Abdul Majeed Khwaja
South East Delhi,
|Campus||Urban, 254 acres (103 ha)|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU, AICTE, NBA|
For Examinations jmicoe
Jamia Millia Islamia is a central university located in New Delhi, India. It established at Aligarh, United Provinces (present day Uttar Pradesh, India) during the British Raj in 1920, it moved to its current location in Okhla in 1935. It was given the deemed status by University Grants Commission in 1962. On 26 December 1988, it a central university.
References[change | change source]
- "Surah Al-Alaq Verse 5 | 96:5 العلق - Quran O". qurano.com. Retrieved 5 July 2021.
- "Combined Prospectus Schools 2020" (PDF). Jamia Millia Islamia. 2019.
- Zafar Ahmad Nizami. Memarān-e-Jamia (in Urdu) (2011 ed.). Maktaba Jamia Limited, Delhi. ISBN 978-81-7587-475-6.
- "Najma Heptulla appointed as new Jamia Millia Islamia Chancellor - Free Press Journal". 29 May 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2020.
- "Professor Najma Akhtar appointed Jamia Millia's first woman vice-chancellor". Amandeep Shukla. Hindustan Times. 12 April 2019. Retrieved 9 April 2020.
- Mohammad Ibrar. "Jamia Millia Islamia News: Jamia Millia Islamia tops central universities in government rankings | Delhi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 March 2021.