Bezos in 2017
Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen
January 12, 1964
|Alma mater||Princeton University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com, Inc.|
|Net worth||US$185.7 billion (January 2021)|
(m. 1993; div. 2019)
|Awards||Time Person of the Year 1999|
Washington CEO Person of The Year at the same time
Jeffrey Preston Bezos (born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen; January 12, 1964) is the founder of Amazon.com, Inc. He is also the chairman, president, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Amazon.com. However, Bezos said in a blog post he would soon step down from this position and become Executive Chair of the Amazon Board.
Education and career[change | change source]
Net worth[change | change source]
When markets opened on July 27, 2017, Bezos briefly became the world's richest person, surpassing Bill Gates with a net worth of just over $90 billion. He lost the title later in the day when Amazon's stock dropped, returning him to second place with a net worth just below $90 billion. On October 27, 2017, Bezos again surpassed Gates on the Forbes list as the richest person in the world.
Hacking claim[change | change source]
In February 2019, Bezos published a blog post alleging that National Enquirer publisher American Media, Inc. had attempted blackmail and extortion in connection with Bezos' alleged affair with Lauren Sánchez.
References[change | change source]
- "#1 Jeff Bezos". Forbes. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- "Amazon's Jeff Bezos stepping down nearly 30 years after founding company | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- Jeff Bezos to Step Down as Amazon C.E.O., New York Times, February 2, 2021. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "Jeff Bezos was briefly the world's richest person". CNBC.
- "Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is The Richest Perosn In The World-Again". Forbes.
- "Jeff Bezos Becomes The First Person Ever Worth $200 Billion". Forbes. August 26, 2020. Retrieved August 28, 2020.
- "Elon Musk becomes world's richest person as wealth tops $185bn". BBC. January 7, 2021. Archived from the original on January 8, 2021. Retrieved January 8, 2021.
- Weise, Karen (2019-02-07). "Jeff Bezos Accuses National Enquirer of 'Extortion and Blackmail'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeff Bezos.|