Lady Louise Windsor
Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor
8 November 2003
|Family||House of Windsor|
Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor (born 8 November 2003) is the elder of the two children of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex. Lady Louise is the youngest granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. She is thirteenth in line to the British throne, although she was eighth in line when she was born. When her younger brother, James, was born in 2007, he moved ahead of her in the line of succession.
Birth and baptism[change | change source]
Lady Louise was born prematurely on 8 November 2003 at 23:32 GMT at Frimley Park Hospital in Frimley, Surrey. She was baptised in the Private Chapel of Windsor Castle on 24 April 2004 by David Conner, the Dean of Windsor. Her godparents were Lady Sarah Chatto, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Alexandra Etherington, Francesca Schwarzenbach and Rupert Elliott. Louise was the last child to wear the original royal christening gown.
Official appearances[change | change source]
Lady Louise attends events such as Trooping the Colour, Christmas and family services, like the Diamond Jubilee service at Saint Paul's Cathedral. Louise was one of the bridesmaids at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on 29 April 2011.
Lady Louise is technically entitled to be styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Louise of Wessex. But as per her parent's wishes, she uses an aristocratic title rather than a royal one.
References[change | change source]
- "Mountbatten-Windsor?". HuffPost. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Vargas, Chanel (2019-06-24). "Who Is the Queen's Youngest Granddaughter, Lady Louise Windsor". Town & Country. Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- "Announcement of the christening of Lady Louise Windsor". royal.uk. 7 April 2004. Retrieved 8 April 2004.
- "Royal Christenings". Yvonne's Royalty. Archived from the original on 27 August 2011. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Ranscombe, Siân (19 July 2014). "Prince George's christening gown: the true story". The Telegraph. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to Lady Louise Windsor at Wikimedia Commons
Lady Louise WindsorBorn: 8 November 2003
|Lines of succession|
| Succession to the British throne
13th in line
The Princess Royal
|Order of precedence in the United Kingdom|
Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank
Lady Louise Windsor