|Left 4 Dead|
|Developer(s)||Turtle Rock Studios / Valve South|
Valve Corporation (2008)
Certain Affinity (Xbox 360 assistance)
|Series||Left 4 Dead|
Mac OS X
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, survival horror|
Left 4 Dead is a first-person shooter video game made by Valve Corporation for Mac computers, Windows PCs, and the Xbox 360. It was released in North America and Australasia on October 18, 2008, and on October 21, 2008 in Japan and Europe. There are four game modes available: a single-player mode, where the player controls one character and the 3 other characters are controlled by the game; a four-player, co-op campaign mode; an eight-player online versus mode (4 humans and 4 mutated zombies/"Special Infected"); and a four-player survival mode. Left 4 Dead was named the Best Multiplayer Game of 2008 by IGN, GameSpy, BAFTA, Spike TV, and NoFrag. The sequel, Left 4 Dead 2 was released on November 17, 2009.
Characters[change | change source]
There are four characters to choose from (gameplay is not affected with character choice):
- Francis (voiced by Vince Valenzuela), a tattoo-covered biker.
- Bill (voiced by Jim French), a Vietnam war veteran.
- Zoey (voiced by Jen Taylor), a college student and horror movie enthusiast.
- Louis (voiced by Earl Alexander), an IT manager.
Plot[change | change source]
The Green Flu, a virus that turns victims into rabid zombie-like beings called the Infected, breaks out in the USA. Some Infected mutate into stronger Special Infected. The 4 characters try to reach a rescue vehicle throughout each campaign, except in the final campaign The Sacrifice.
References[change | change source]
- "Features - The Gamasutra 20: 2008's Breakthrough Developers". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "News - Valve Acquires Turtle Rock Studios". Store.steampowered.com. 2008-01-10. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Left 4 Dead". Certainaffinity.com. 2008-02-04. Archived from the original on 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "BBFC rating of Left 4 Dead".
- "IGN PC: Best Multiplayer Game 2008". Archived from the original on 2008-12-20. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "GameSpy - Multiplayer Top 10". Archived from the original on 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "Video Games Awards Winners in 2009 - Video Games - Awards - the BAFTA site". Archived from the original on 2011-02-19. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "Yahoo!". news.bigdownload.com. Archived from the original on 2020-09-03. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- Noddus. "Deceit est sorti en version finale sur Steam - NoFrag - Page 28".
Other websites[change | change source]