Left 4 Dead
|Left 4 Dead|
|Developer(s)||Turtle Rock Studios / Valve South
Valve Corporation (2008)
Certain Affinity (Xbox 360 assistance)
|Distributor(s)||Electronic Arts (retail)
|Series||Left 4 Dead|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, survival horror|
Left 4 Dead is a first-person shooter video game made by Valve Corporation for the Mac OS X, Windows and the Xbox 360. It was released in North America and Australasia on October 18, 2008 and on October 21, 2008 in Japan and Europe. There are four game modes that are playable: a single-player mode; a four-player, co-op campaign mode; an eight-player online versus mode; and a four-player survival mode. Left 4 Dead was named the Best Multiplayer Game of 2008 by IGN, GameSpy, BAFTA, Spike TV, and NoFrag. The sequel, Left 4 Dead 2 was released on November 17, 2009.
Characters[change | change source]
There are four playable characters to choose from:
- Francis (voiced by Vince Valenzuela), a tattoo-covered biker.
- Bill (voiced by Jim French), a former Green Beret and a Vietnam veteran.
- Zoey (voiced by Jen Taylor), a college student and horror movie enthusiast.
- Louis (voiced by Earl Alexander), a manager.
References[change | change source]
- "Features - The Gamasutra 20: 2008's Breakthrough Developers". Gamasutra. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3760/the_gamasutra_20_2008s_.php?page=20. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "News - Valve Acquires Turtle Rock Studios". Store.steampowered.com. 2008-01-10. http://store.steampowered.com/news/1401/. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Left 4 Dead". Certainaffinity.com. 2008-02-04. http://www.certainaffinity.com/games/left-4-dead/. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- BBFC rating of Left 4 Dead