These games are also called FPS for short. Lots of them are violent and about killing other game characters. Because they are from the view of the character, a player can only see his or her hands and weapon.
Usual signs that a game is an FPS is that the player can see:
- Only hands and a weapon are visible.
- Information about the health of the player
- Information of how much ammunition is left
- A map that shows where to go
- An aiming cross (crosshair) in the middle of the screen that looks like this (although older games such as Doom might not have a crosshair):
-- -- |
Some FPSs are for example: