Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo
Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo is an American ballet company of males who dance in drag. The company makes fun of romantic and classical ballet. Peter Anastos, Natch Taylor, and Antony Bassae co-founded the "Trocks" in 1974 in New York City. The company danced in small shows late at night in places on off-off Broadway. Their first show was on September 9, 1974. The artistic director in 2011 is Tory Dobrin. The public's attention was directed to the company when Arlene Croce reviewed the "Trocks" in The New Yorker. The "Trocks" have danced in many large cities worldwide. In 2008 the company danced for Prince Charles at the Royal Variety Performance.
Notes[change | change source]
- Eugene MacDougal. "From the Director". Les Ballet Trockadero de Monte Carlo.. http://www.trockadero.org/from-the-director.html. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "About Us". Trockadero.org. http://www.trockadero.org/the-company.html. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- Sanjoy Roy (17 February 2009). "Step by Step guide to Dance: Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo". London: Guardian.co.uk. http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2009/feb/17/guide-dance-ballets-trockadero-monte-carlo. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
Reviews[change | change source]
- Gus Solomons, Jr. (March, 1996). "Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, Sylvia and Danny Kaye Playhouse, December 12–17". Dance Magazine. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1083/is_n3_v70/ai_18053586.
- Elizabeth Zimmer (August 20, 2002). "Trocks Transcendent: Attitude With Altitude and Horsepower to Spare". Village Voice. http://www.villagevoice.com/dance/0234,zimmer,37592,14.html.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, official site
- Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo at IMG Artists
- Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo on glbtq.com
- Archive film of Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo performing Le Lac des Cygnes (Swan Lake, Act II) in 2010 at Jacob's Pillow