|Paradigm||Multi-paradigm: scripting, imperative (procedural, prototype-based, object-oriented), functional|
|Designed by||Roberto Ierusalimschy|
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
|Stable release||5.4.4 / 26 January 2022|
|Typing discipline||dynamic, strong, duck|
|Implementation language||ANSI C|
|Lua, LuaJIT, LLVM-Lua, Lua Alchemy Luvit|
|Metalua, Idle, GSL Shell Luau|
|C++, CLU, Modula, Scheme, SNOBOL|
|Io, GameMonkey, Squirrel, Falcon, MiniD|
Examples[change | change source]
An example Hello World program in Lua:
-- !/usr/bin/lua print("Hello World!")
An example of setting a value, then printing it:
--!/usr/bin/lua a = "Hello World!" print(a)
References[change | change source]
- Ierusalimschy, R.; Figueiredo, L. H.; Celes, W. (2007). "The evolution of Lua" (PDF). Proc. of ACM HOPL III. pp. 2–1–2–26. doi:10.1145/1238844.1238846. ISBN 978-1-59593-766-7. S2CID 475143.
- "Lua: About". Lua.org. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Lua 5.4.4 now available". 26 January 2022. Retrieved 28 January 2022.
- "Lua: license". Lua.org. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "Lua Uses". lua-users wiki. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Luau". Luau. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Apple relaxes iOS SDK terms to allow Lua but block Flash". Appleinsider.com. 11 June 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "TIOBE Programming Community Index for June 2011". TIOBE Software. June 2011. Archived from the original on 2 July 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]