Mandar Agashe (born 24 May 1969) is an Indian musician, music producer and businessman. He is the founder and vice chairman of Sarvatra Technologies. He is best known for the release of his Indian-pop album Nazar Nazar, in 1998.
Agashe was born in Mumbai to Dnyaneshwar Agashe and Rekha Gogte. Him and his siblings, Ashutosh Agashe and Sheetal Agashe, are the grandchildren of industrialist Chandrashekhar Agashe. He also has two children from a former marriage, including Adi Agashé.
In 1998, he explored the Ayurvedic skincare market under Brihans Pharmaceuticals, eventually establishing Brihans Natural Products Ltd. in 2000. Agashe was one of the directors implicated in the controversial case surrounding the alleged scam by the Suvarna Sahakari Bank in 2008.
In 1998, he released his debut mainstream effort, Nazar Nazar. The album was recorded in Hindi and English, with several songs from the album and their accompanying music videos charted well on MTV India. In 2003, Agashe planned to go international and released a single in Germany called I Need Someone. In 2016, he released a reprise effort with Asha Bhosle in the form of an album called "82", reflecting the veteran singer's age at the time of recording.
References[change | change source]
- "Fintech India: Sarvatra Technologies Brings 450th Co-operative Bank on National Financial Switch | The Fintech Times". The Fintech Times. 18 August 2018.
- Ranade, Sadashiv (1974). Agashe Kula-vr̥ttānta (in Marathi). p. 375. LCCN 74903020. OCLC 20388396.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Kamath, M. V.; Gogaṭe, Bāḷakr̥shṇa Mahādeva (1991). The Makings of a Millionaire: A Tribute to a Living Legend, Raosaheb B.M. Gogte, Industrialist, Philanthropist & Educationist. Jaico Publishing House.
Family of Rekha Gogte and Dnyaneshwar Agashe
- Bhūpendra,, Karandīkara, Śakuntalā. Viśvasta. Puṇe. ISBN 9781532345012. OCLC 992168228.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Agashe, Trupti; Agashe, Gopal (2006). "Mangdari Gharana" [The House of Mangdari]. In Wad, Mugdha (ed.). Agashe Kulvrutant [The Agashe Family Genealogy] (in Marathi) (2nd ed.). Hyderabad: Surbhi Graphics. ISBN 978-1-5323-4500-5.
Agashe, Sheetal DnyaneshwarCS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "'Udyog Ratna' for Brihans - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Company News and Notes. Research and Statistics Division, Department of Company Law Administration, Ministry of Commerce & Industry. 2000.
- "Mandar Agashe's bail plea rejected - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "Dnyaneshwar Agashe cremated - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Kharade, Pallavi (30 April 2004). "Singing a solo tune". Times of India.
- "Mandar to release single in Germany". Times of India. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
choosing to flow from techno to trance to Indian classical
- "Asha Bhosale sings Suresh Bhat gajhals for her next album "82" - StarMarathi.in". starmarathi.in. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
Titled as "82" and containing six gajhals, this album has been composed by young composer Mandar Agashe.
- "Asha renders six Suresh Bhat ghazals to western tunes - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-03-02.