Fischbach at PAX West in 2018
|Born||Mark Edward Fischbach|
June 28, 1989
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Origin||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Total views||9.99 billion|
|Network||Polaris (Disney Digital Network)|
|Subscriber and view counts updated as of August 28, 2018.|
Mark Edward Fischbach (born June 28, 1989), known by his YouTube username Markiplier, is an American internet personality, video game commentator, and charity fundraiser. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Early life[change | change source]
Born in Honolulu, Fischbach began his career in Cincinnati, Ohio. His father was of German descent, while his mother is Korean. He studied Civil Engineering at the University of Cincinnati, later changing his degree to Biomedical Engineering. He later left college and started his YouTube career.
Career[change | change source]
Fischbach has done multiple charity streams and fundraisers with other YouTubers. Forbes reported in 2017 that Fischbach and his fans had helped raise roughly $3 million for charity in past fundraising streams. In April 2018, he raised $1,506,793.81 in charities.
Philanthropy works[change | change source]
|Date||Charity||Total Funds||Others With Him|
|July 2012||Child's Play||$1,000.00|
|February 2013||Cancer Research Institute||$8,047.00|
|February 2015||Depression and Bipolar Support Association||$82,003.00|
|February 2017||St. Jude Children's Research Hospital||$115,717.00|
|March 2017||Charity: Water||$254,649.00|
|April 2017||Environmental Defense Fund||$123,111.00|
|May 2017||Game Changer||$198,378.00|
|August 2017||Joyful Heart Foundation||$108,585.00|
|September 2017||Direct Relief||$74,421.00|
|October 2017||National MPS Society||$107,878.00|
|November 2017||Save The Children||$422,773.81|
Awards[change | change source]
|Shorty Awards||Tech and Innovation: Gaming||Nominated|
|Make-A-Wish Foundation Award Ceremony||Celebrity of The Year||Won|||
|2017||Golden Joystick Awards||Best Streamer/Broadcaster||Won|||
|2018||Kids Choice Awards||Favorite Funny YouTube Creator||Nominated|
References[change | change source]
- "Mark 'Markiplier' Fischbach Joins Red Giant Entertainment's Board of Directors". CNN. November 12, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- Markiplier (November 16, 2016), Do You Know Markiplier?, retrieved November 10, 2018
- Markiplier (January 20, 2014), Moving to LA!!, retrieved November 10, 2018
- "2,000,000". YouTube.
- "YouTube Top 100 Most Subscribed Channels List - Top by Subscribers". Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- Hernandez, Patricia. "Famous YouTubers Go On TV, Teach Jimmy Kimmel A Lesson". Kotaku.com. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- "YouTube Star Markiplier Will Bring His Comedy Show Across The US And Europe With 31-Show Tour - Tubefilter". Tubefilter. September 6, 2017. Retrieved May 3, 2018.
- "YouTuber Markiplier Is Touring Australia This Year". Press Start Australia - Bringing The Best Of Video Games & Gaming To Australia. February 26, 2018. Retrieved May 3, 2018.
- "Uber-Charitable Markiplier Raises $422,000 During 'Save The Children' Stream - Tubefilter". Tubefilter. November 29, 2017. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- Fischbach, Mark (2018). "About Markiplier". tiltify.com.
- "Mark Fischbach". Cancer Research Institute. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- "Click here to support Markiplier's Charity Campaign organized by Mark Fischbach". gofundme.com. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- Fischbach, Mark (November 2017). "Markiplier's November Charity Livestream - Save the Children". tiltify.com.
- Markiplier (October 27, 2016), I Don't Deserve This, retrieved April 3, 2017
- "Golden Joystick Awards on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Markiplier.|