PewDiePie at PAX 2015
|Born||Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg|
24 October 1989
Marzia Bisognin (m. 2019)
|Also known as|
(9 April 2020)
|Total views||23.6 billion|
(8 October 2019)
|Network||None (formerly Machinima and later Maker Studios)|
|Updated 8 October 2019|
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg (born 24 October 1989), better known by his online username PewDiePie, is a Swedish Gaming/Commentary channel on YouTube. His content has changed significantly since he began uploading, now focusing on Minecraft gaming videos and established series such as 'You Laugh You Lose' and 'Last Week I Asked You (LWIAY)' where he reviews memes that his fans have posted on Reddit. He has over 100 million subscribers as of August 2019. On 15 August 2013, his channel became the most subscribed channel on YouTube. He was also the first YouTuber to get 14 million subscribers.
Early life[change | change source]
Before starting his own YouTube channel, PewDiePie studied Industrial Economics and Technology Management at Chalmers University of Technology until he dropped out. Disapproving of his decision, his parents cut off his support. He made a living by selling hot dogs until his channel got enough subscribers for him to make a living off of the channel.
Career[change | change source]
YouTube[change | change source]
In 2013 PewDiePie surpassed Smosh making him the number 1 youtuber
PewDiePie was the first channel ever to pass 50 million subscribers. PewDiePie is attempting to break the like record on YouTube.
PewDiePie was the first individual creator ever to pass 100 million subscribers on YouTube as of August 2019, though he did lose the position of being the first channel ever to reach that milestone by the Indian music channel T-Series in months earlier.
PewDiePie has been creating content that can be described as "silly and fun". Videos such as Meme Review, You Laugh You Lose (YLYL), Pew News, and Last Week I Asked You (LWIAY) are just a few examples. Recently, he has been uploading many Minecraft videos.
Personal life[change | change source]
PewDiePie was born in Gothenburg, Sweden. He lives in Brighton, England with his wife, Marzia Bisognin, who is also a YouTuber. In 2019 he married his long-time girlfriend, Marzia Bisognin. The marriage was held at Kew Gardens in London, United Kingdom.
Notes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Wadeson, Danny (6 September 2013). "Gamertube: PewDiePie and the YouTube Commentary Revolution". Polygon. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- PewDiePie (11 June 2016). THE DIAMOND PLAYBUTTON (Part 3). PewDiePie. YouTube. Archived from the original on 12 June 2016. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Cohen, Joshua (19 December 2016). "YouTube Sends PewDiePie Custom Ruby Play Button To Commemorate 50 Million Subscribers". Tubefilter. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "PewDiePie". YouTube. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Joshua Cohen (15 August 2013). "It's Official: PewDiePie Becomes The Most Subscribed Channel On YouTube". Tubefilter. Retrieved 16 August 2013. Cite has empty unknown parameter: