Nevada City, California
City of Nevada City
Broad Street, Downtown Nevada City
|Incorporated||April 19, 1856|
|• Total||2.19 sq mi (5.68 km2)|
|• Land||2.19 sq mi (5.67 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.01 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||2,477 ft (755 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,437.39/sq mi (554.92/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature IDs||1659211, 2411225|
Nevada City (originally, Ustumah, a Nisenan Maidu village; later, Nevada, Deer Creek Dry Diggins, and Caldwell's Upper Store) is the county seat of Nevada County, California, United States. It is located 60 miles (97 km) northeast of Sacramento and 28 miles north of Auburn.
At the 2010 United States Census, the population was 3,068.
References[change | change source]
- "Official City Hall Web Site". City of Nevada City. Retrieved December 4, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 28, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nevada City". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Middleton, Elisabeth Rose; University of California, Berkeley (2008). "We were here, we are here, we will always be here": A political ecology of healing in Mountain Maidu country. ProQuest. pp. 387–. ISBN 978-1-109-10064-8. Retrieved 13 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nevada City, Queen City of the Northern Hills". ncgold.com. Archived from the original on 1997-01-17. Retrieved 2008-07-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)