(Redirected from St Kilda, Scotland)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Gaelic name||Hiort (help·info)|
|Norse name||Possibly Skildir|
|Meaning of name||Unknown, possibly Gaelic for "westland"|
|OS grid reference|
|Island group||St Kilda|
|Highest elevation||Conachair 430 m|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Council area||Comhairle nan Eilean Siar|
|Population||Uninhabited since 1930|
|Largest settlement||Am Baile (the Village)|
History[change | change source]
National Nature Reserve[change | change source]
Gallery[change | change source]
St Kilda cleits were small, turf-covered dry-stone structures used for storage
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Get-a-map "NF095995" Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 28 December 2007.
- Iain Mac an Tailleir. "Placenames" (PDF). Pàrlamaid na h-Alba. Retrieved 2007-07-23.
- UNESCO, "St Kilda"; retrieved 2012-4-20.
- National Trust for Scotland (National Trust), "Marine Environment gains World Heritage Protection," 2 July 2004; retrieved 2012-4-20.
- "The new residents of St Kilda archipelago". (29 August 2010). BBC News. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- National Trust, "Dual World Heritage Status For Unique Scottish Islands," 14 July 2005; retrieved 2012-4-20.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to St Kilda (Scotland) at Wikimedia Commons