Stanley Fischer (Hebrew: סטנלי פישר; born October 15, 1943) is an Israeli-American economist. He was the 20th Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve from 2014 to 2017. Fisher was the 8th governor of the Bank of Israel from 2005 to 2013. He is a citizen of both Israel and the United States.
On September 6, 2017, Stanley Fischer announced that he was resigning as Vice-Chairman for personal reasons on October 13, 2017.
References[change | change source]
- Fisher, Stanley (1969). Essays on assets and contingent commodities (Ph.D.). MIT. hdl:1721.1/13873. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Bodie, Zvi (1975). Hedging against inflation (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Ahluwalia, Isher Judge (1976). A macro-econometric model of the Indian economy analyzing inflation during 1951-1973 (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Mishkin, Frederic Stanley (1976). Illiquidity, the demand for consumer durables, and monetary policy (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- Sheffrin, Steven M. (1976). Rational expectations and employment fluctuations (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Blanchard, Olivier (1977). Two essays on economic fluctuations (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Bernanke, Ben (1979). Long-term commitments, dynamic optimization, and the business cycle (PDF) (PhD). Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- Hsieh, David Arthur (1981). Expectations and efficiencies in international markets (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- West, Kenneth D. (1983). Inventory models and backlog costs : an empirical investigation (PDF) (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "A Profile of Stanley Fischer". GREG MANKIW'S BLOG. September 19, 2016.
- Miron, Jeffrey Alan (1984). The economics of seasonal time series (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Bils, Mark (1985). Essays on the cyclical behavior of cost and price (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Romer, David (1985). General equilibrium analysis of government financial policies (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- Caballero, Ricardo J. (1988). The Stochastic Behavior of Consumption and Savings (PDF) (Ph.D.). MIT. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Michael Kuehlwein". The Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 27 August 2021.
- Sheets, D. Nathan (1993). Essays in intersectoral economics: exchange rates, public capital and productivity (Ph.D.). MIT. hdl:1721.1/12708. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Goldfajn, Ilan (1995). On public debt and exchange rates (Ph.D.). MIT. hdl:1721.1/11082. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Stanley Fischer firms as top choice to become US Fed vice, The Sydney Morning Herald, via Bloomberg News, December 12, 2013.
- Ewing, Jack (12 June 2011). "Bank of Israel Chief Enters Race to Lead I.M.F". The New York Times.
- "Stanley Fischer submits resignation as a member of the Board of Governors, effective on or around October 13, 2017". Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Retrieved 2017-09-06.