The Graveyard Shift
"Graveyard Shift" is the 36 episode of the second season of SpongeBob SquarePants. Reviewstream had given a positive feedback, stating that it is a "funny episode," although stating that "it might frighten younger viewers." A DVD Verdict critic also stated the episode to be one of his favorites, stating that it had a "funny dialogue." DVD Talk also gave a positive score.
Plot[change | change source]
The Krusty Krab closes, and Squidward is excited, but Mr. Krabs realises that more profit would be gained if it was open 24 hours a day, so he does that. SpongeBob is really excited, while Squidward is extremely annoyed. Squidward scares SpongeBob with tales of the hash-slinging slasher. According to Squidward, he was a frycook at the Krusty Krab many years ago. When he was making Krabby Patties, he accidentally cut off his own hand, and later replaced it with a rusty spatula. He was run over by a bus, and fired at his funeral. Every Tuesday night, his ghost comes to the place and haunts it.
There are three signs of his arrival, which are:
- 1 - The lights will flicker on and off.
- 2 - The phone will ring, and there will be nobody there.
- 3 - He will arrive in the ghost of the bus which ran him over, and he crosses the road without looking both ways, because he's already dead.
Later that night, everything that Squidward says actually happens. He and SpongeBob are really scared, until they find out that the so-called hash-slinging slasher is actually a person who wants a job application, and hung up on the phone because he was nervous.
References[change | change source]
- "Graveyard Shift at Reviewstream". Reviewstream. Retrieved February 2010. Check date values in:
- "Graveyard Shift review at DVD Verdict". DVD Verdict. Retrieved 2002-03-19.
- "SpongeBob SquarePants : The Complete Second Season". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2004-10-19.