List of SpongeBob SquarePants characters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Below is a list of characters from the television show SpongeBob SquarePants.
Main characters[change | change source]
- SpongeBob SquarePants (born July 14, 1986) is a yellow sea sponge and the main character of the show. His best friend is Patrick. He works as a fry cook at the Krusty Krab. His house is a pineapple. He practices karate with Sandy and he once lost his job because he was too interested in it, in the episode, Karate Choppers. SpongeBob's boss is Eugene H. Krabs. He likes working, unlike Squidward. In the movie it is said he received 374 consecutive employee of the month awards which would mean he worked at the Krusty Krab for at least 31 years.
- Patrick Star is a starfish who is SpongeBob's best friend. He lives under a rock and is not very smart. He is known as an idiot.
- Squidward Tentacles is an octopus and SpongeBob's next-door neighbor. He plays the clarinet and is not good at it, even though he thinks so. He works at the Krusty Krab as the cashier. He does not like SpongeBob and Patrick but SpongeBob thinks Squidward is friends with him. Squidward is not friendly and thinks that he is better than almost everyone.
- Mr. Krabs is a crab who is the owner of the Krusty Krab restaurant, and SpongeBob and Squidward's boss. He is very greedy and loves money and does not want to spend a lot of it. He shows his love of money in several episodes when he chases after pennies.
- Sheldon J. Plankton (usually called Plankton) is the evil genius owner of the Chum Bucket restaurant, who hates the Krusty Krab and wishes to take the Krabby Patty formula.
- Karen Plankton is a smart computer that can talk. She is married to Plankton and usually gives him plans to steal the formula for Krabby Patties.
- Sandy Cheeks is a squirrel from Texas. She lives in a glass house called a treedome that lets her breathe under water. While she is out of the dome, she wears a fishbowl-like glass helmet around her head filled with fresh air and a space suit as well. She is very athletic and works as a scientist.
- Mrs. Puff is a puffer fish and SpongeBob's driving instructor. She gets very annoyed with him because he is unable to learn how to drive. When she gets disturbed, she blows up like a balloon. Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs are currently in a relationship.
- Pearl Krabs is a teenage whale and the daughter of Mr. Krabs. She does not like it when her father does not spend money on her. However, she loves Mr. Krabs very much.
- Gary is SpongeBob's pet snail. SpongeBob can understand him even though he only meows like a cat. Even though Gary cannot talk properly, he is shown to be one of the smartest characters in the series. There have been several episodes in which Gary turns away from SpongeBob. It is mentioned in the episode "Missing Identity" that Gary eats a brand of food called Snail-Po. Gary is Patrick's cousin, as seen in "Rule of Dumb."
Other characters[change | change source]
- Larry is a strong lobster who works at a beach called Goo Lagoon. He is the lifeguard.
- The Flying Dutchman is a green ghost. He owns a pirate ship.
- Mermaid Man is a superhero dressed as a mermaid to protect the Bikini Bottom. He also has a bad memory. .
- Barnacle Boy is a superhero sidekick dressed in navy clothing. He is tired of people calling him "boy" because he is a senior citizen.
- Patchy is a pirate who hosts special episodes of the show. He is played by SpongeBob's voice actor Tom Kenny.
- Potty is Patchy's pet parrot. He is annoying and sometimes mean to Patchy.
- Perch Perkins is a famous news anchor. He is usually seen on television.
- Nat Peterson is a yellow fish with purple on his back. His largest known role was in "Plankton's Regular". His first appearance was in "Ripped Pants".
- Tom Smith is a brown-green fish with a bit of yellow on his back. His largest known role was in "Chocolate With Nuts".
- Fred Rechid is a brown fish that is sometimes blue. His most famous quote is when he yells "MY LEG!"
- Scooter Rechid is a light blue fish that hangs out in Goo Lagoon. His portrayer sounds like a surfing dude. His first appearance was in "Ripped Pants".
- Harold "Bill" Reginald is a blue fish with spiky teeth and a red speedo. Sometimes, he is seen naked. His first appearance was in "Ripped Pants" while SpongeBob was telling him about the hamburger he was going to eat and he was naked. His name was revealed at least three times, first was in "Have You Seen This Snail?" by himself. The second time was in "Roller Bucket Cowards" revealed by Tina Fran on a commercial. The third time was in "Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle" while his last name was revealed by Patrick Star saying, "Oh, Reginald."
- Lou is an orange fish with blue on his back. He is a clerk at the Barg-N-Mart. His first appearance was in "Ripped Pants". SpongeBob photographed Lou's first day working at the Barg-N-Mart.
- Nancy Suzy Fish is a gray fish with white hair. Her name was revealed in "Good Ol` Whatshisname" when Squidward was reading a book with all the Krusty Krab's customers names.
- Jellyfish are characters that are mostly seen at their habitat. They sting people, mainly SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward.