The Muppet Movie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Muppet Movie|
|Directed by||James Frawley|
|Based on||The Muppets|
by Jim Henson
|Produced by||Jim Henson|
|Edited by||Christopher Greenbury|
|Distributed by||Associated Film Distribution[a]|
|Box office||$65.2 million|
Notes[change | change source]
- The film's distribution rights were purchased by The Jim Henson Company from ITC Entertainment in August 1984. The film rights were then acquired by Walt Disney Studios upon their parent company's acquisition of the Muppets franchise in 2004. Currently, Universal Pictures handles theatrical distribution in the United States due to prior contractual obligations with the former Associated Film Distribution and ITC, but the film's ownership and copyright are controlled by Disney.
References[change | change source]
- Jay Jones, Brian (2013). "Chapter 12: Twists and Turns". Jim Henson: The Biography. Ballantine Books (Random House). pp. 374–375. ISBN 978-0345526113.
- Thompson, Simon (July 25, 2019). "Remembering 'The Muppet Movie' At 40 With Gonzo". Forbes. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- "Make the Rainbow Connection Again as 'The Muppet Movie' Returns to the Big Screen in Honor of its 40th Anniversary on July 25 and 30". prnewswire. Fathom Events. June 3, 2019. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "THE MUPPET MOVIE (U)". British Board of Film Classification. May 14, 1979. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Box Office Information for The Muppet Movie". The Numbers. Retrieved January 23, 2016.
- Jones, Brian Jay (2013). "Life's Like a Movie". Jim Henson: The Biography. New York: Ballantine Books. p. 296. ISBN 978-0-345-52611-3.
Meanwhile, audiences made it [The Muppet Movie] one of the most profitable films of the decade, grossing over $65 million in its initial release—not a bad return on [Lew] Grade's initial $8 million investment.
- "The Muppet Movie". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved March 31, 2021.