Oz at the 38th Annual Saturn Awards 2012
Frank Richard Oznowicz
25 May 1944
|Education||Oakland Technical High School|
|Alma mater||Oakland City College|
(m. 1979; div. 2005)
Victoria Labalme (m. 2011)
Frank Oz (born Richard Frank Oznowicz on May 25, 1944) is an English-American puppeteer and filmmaker. He is known for his work on The Muppets, Star Wars, and Sesame Street. He also directed some popular films, such as Little Shop of Horrors and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. His most popular puppets are Yoda and Cookie Monster. He played Cookie Monster, Bert and Grover on Sesame Street and he did Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal and Sam the Eagle on the Muppets.
References[change | change source]
- Douglas, Edward (August 10, 2007). "Exclusive: A Chat with Frank Oz". ComingSoon.net. Evolve Media, LLC. Archived from the original on May 19, 2018. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Cite error: The named reference
peoplewas used but no text was provided for refs named (see the help page).
- "A Conversation with Frank Oz at the Museum of the Moving Image". Jimhensonlegacy.org. October 25, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- Paquette, Danielle (July 26, 2012). "Frank Oz speaks — but not as Yoda or Miss Piggy". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "Interview with Frank Oz". IGN.