UEFA Euro 2024
Host selection[change | change source]
The host was announced on 27 September 2018. The host will be Germany. Turkey was a potential host for the tournament. Germany previously hosted the Euro 1988, while Turkey has never hosted a UEFA European Football Championship tournament. Germany selected these 10 host cities to be used for the tournament: Berlin, Cologne, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Leipzig, Munich, and Stuttgart. Turkey selected these 9 host cities: Ankara, Antalya, Bursa, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Istanbul, İzmit, Konya, and Trabzon.
Below are the results of the UEFA Executive Committee's vote between Germany and Turkey:
|Refused to vote||1|
The Danish Football Association wanted to join forces with Sweden, Norway, and Finland to host the tournament. However, all four countries decided not to on 28 February 2017. Estonia also wanted to host the tournament together with Russia. The Netherlands also showed interest in hosting the tournament. However, none of these countries submitted their bid before the 3 March 2017 deadline, so Germany or Turkey will host the tournament.
Qualified teams[change | change source]
|Team||Qualified as||Date of|
|Germany||Hosts||27 September 2018|
References[change | change source]
- "Euro 2024: Germany beats Turkey to host tournament". BBC News. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Germany to host UEFA EURO 2024". UEFA. 27 September 2018.
- "Turkey announces EURO 2024 bid". Turkish Football Federation.
- "Evaluierungsbericht Stadien/Städte" [Evaluation report stadiums/cities] (PDF). DFB.de (in German). German Football Association. 2017. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "EURO 2024'e aday şehirler belli oldu" [Candidate cities to host EURO 2024 are announced]. TFF.org (in Turkish). Turkish Football Federation. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "DBU går efter EM-værtsskab".
- "Nordic nations scrap Euro24 bid plans leaving Germany and Turkey to battle it out". Inside world Football. 1 March 2017.
- "Estonia wants to hold Euro-2024 together with Russia".
- "Euro 2024: Tournament to be held in Germany or Turkey". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 8 March 2017.