- Shasta Dam- 600 ft tall, 10th tallest dam in U.S. and 6th tallest in California
- Dworshak Dam- 717 ft tall, 3rd tallest dam in U.S.
- Arkansas River- 1469 miles, major tributary of the Mississippi River in five U.S. states
- Angel Falls-3212 ft tall, world's tallest waterfall
- SS Andrea Doria- one of the most famous shipwrecks of all time
- This article was a GA nominee on 28 March 2009, hopes looked low...
- Red River- 1320 miles, major tributary of the Mississippi River in four U.S. states
- Iguaçu Falls- 269 ft tall and 3 miles wide, one of the largest/most famous waterfalls on earth in Brazil and Paraguay
- Yosemite Falls- 2425 ft tall, tallest waterfall in USA and #18 in world
- Teton Dam- catastrophic dam failure in U.S., one of the most famous dam disasters of all time
- Johnstown Flood- even more famous flood in U.S.