User talk:Archer7/Archive 2
This is an archive. See User talk:Archer7 for my current talk page.
Sir James / Creol[change source]
Borderline trolling or trying to make a disturbance out of nothing is never acceptable. Sir James has been warned enough times, so if he does it again, he should be blocked. I haven't seen anything unreasonable from Creol yet; he has a right to maintain his own user space. Blockinblox 15:58, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
I was not trolling Creol, I just gave him a barnstar. The reason I was so mad was because he was a little rude to me. Sorry.--Sir James Paul 16:32, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the compliment and congrats yourself on becoming bureaucrat! (I still keep wanting to type 'beaurocrat'!) We do have a great team, it should be fun and interesting...! See you around, Blockinblox 15:01, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Congratulations! I am glad we have that mess of conflicts behind us. PullToOpen Talk 15:04, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Oh. Also congratulations on your promotion to bureaucrat status. --§ Alastor Moody (T + C) 18:25, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Congratulations for your nomination as bureaucrat.
Would you please have a look at Wikipedia talk:Bots. There are several bots waiting for bot flag.
Thank you in advance.
Vargenau 19:19, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Your message[change source]
I emailed you. Do a lot of people know my age now, if so can I create a new account.--Sir James Paul 20:22, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
My photo[change source]
Possible sockpuppetry[change source]
Open proxy block[change source]
New sig[change source]
Dear Archer7, I have blocked Bobo for persistent trolling. Of course, the block isn't indefinite, but I guess it will do. And Kimberly Ashton's case is still not complete. Netoholic had issued a warning to "her" when he was a bureaucrat, telling her to change her username. Is that still valid? Besides, I am still new to the mop. Thank you for being so patient.-- Tdxiang 09:57, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
Re: Thanks![change source]
You're welcome! :) --Az1568 00:40, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Bot vandalism[change source]
It is strange but I know it has cropped up in quite a number of wikipedias, even the languages with fewest articles, and seems to be a bot that can simultaneously run multiple proxies. Seem to be no point to it but I guess it is meant to be a demonstration of what malice it could do. Blockinblox - talk 17:14, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Fighting Vandalism[change source]
I would like to start to try to help fight against vandalism on wikipedia simple english but the problem is, is that I have no idea how to do that. Contact me soon.--Sir James Paul 20:05, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Currently I am runing to become a sysop. The main reason why I want to become one is to better help in the war against vandalism, I believe in tougher blocks against vandals and after the 2 time they vandaliz an article I will impose a ban on them. I have a lot of free time so I will be a active sysop. At one point I had a average of 50 edits a day, now I have a average of 30 because I was busy and not able to edit. If you have any questions ask me on my talk page please. to vote go to Wikipedia:Administrators. Have a nice week and god bless.--Sir James Paul 21:05, 5 December 2006 (UTC) Can you tell me why you oppose me? --Sir James Paul 22:08, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Copyvio template[change source]
The Article Reason[change source]
That article came from wiki dectianary thing. If the article is a Copyright violation then there is a Copyright violation on the dictionary wikitoria. I thought it was okay to make a simplified version from a wikimedia article. --Sir James Paul 22:42, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Can you give me the guidlines I need to know to be a sysop. Also teach me some things you think I should know to be a sysop. I plan to work hard on editing and learning guidlines and running again on the first of the year. Can you end this election now, I will lose anyway so what is the point of keeping the election going.--Sir James Paul 23:02, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
SE Wikiquote[change source]
Why do you say that contributing to SE Wikiquote won't make any difference in the vote? I don't know how the process works. I accidentally created an account "Copertwig" but I'm spelled "Coppertwig" with two p's on a bunch of other Wiki projects so I created another account and stopped using "Copertwig" -- sorry about that. --Coppertwig 04:10, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
I disagree with you, for the following reasons:
- No one can predict the future.
- The people voting to delete Wikiquote are human beings who can change their minds at any time.
- I believe it's important to add content to SE Wikiquote.
- One result of adding content may be that more people will notice it. For example, I put interwikis from the English Wikiquote about Shakespeare to the Simple English Wikiquote. People who have not already voted may notice SE Wikiquote and come and vote on it. If they've seen content, I believe they're more likely to vote to keep it.
- One of the votes to close SE Wikiquote gave a lack of meaningful content as a reason for the vote.
- At least one person has already changed his/her vote.
- Many of the comments of the vote-to-close-down people show that they do not understand the purpose of SE Wikiquote. Putting in actual content demonstrates what the purpose is and may contribute either to them changing their minds, or to other people forming different opinions.
- As far as I know, there is no well-defined process for moving from an open vote about closing to actually closing the project; but I believe that at least some of the people who make the final decision believe that a project with active contributors should not be shut down. --Coppertwig 13:46, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
It was just the one incident... So I unblock.. sorry. Probably my fault. -- Eptalon 14:26, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
- I have undone the two blocks I did today, as they were first time offenders; and notified the respective users. -- Eptalon 14:37, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
I strongly feel that I am ready to be a sysop. I have studied the polocies all day, and am now familar with them. I have also found a tool that tell's me if a IP is from a school or if it private. I have also been patroling the NC all day. Do you think I can run for sysop by the first of the new year if I keep on patroling the NC and reverting vandalism do you think I can get support? Have a nice week.--Sir James Paul 02:16, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, but you just joined in November. I firstly suggest you reach a thousand edits, reverting, welcoming, helping and expanding articles and stay her for at least 5 months or more before becoming an admin. :) Cheerio!--AbbyItalia02:23, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Number of pages on SE Wikiquote[change source]
Why does the Main Page on SE Wikiquote say only 19 pages, when Sir James Paul lists on his talk page more pages than that that he has added? --Coppertwig 03:25, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Probable Copyvio issue[change source]
I am not entirely certain, and given the author of the title would prefer an outside opinion of this one. this webpage appears to be the source for Frank Griswold. Parts have been rewriten, but a good but of the article is copied verbatim. -- Creol 06:55, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
I know this might be a major pain, but is there any way to clear a single edit in a history without getting an oversight here? There is a particularly pornographic picture that is being kept on the history of Arachne right now. PullToOpen Talk 23:51, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
simple wikiquote[change source]
I think that Sir James Paul is a problem, not only here but also here, what do you think we could do? we need a Ceck User, what do you think? It'a personal opinion :( --vector ^_^ (talk) 00:00, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- He has admitted to using a sockpuppet , and admitted that you know it was against policy but did it anyway . Would blocks across wiki spaces be appropriate? --ZimZalaBim 16:47, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Your vote on wikiquote simple english[change source]
When it comes to using sysop tools I am not clueless because I have a site that is on wikipedia that tells me how to use them. I understand being a sysop does not make you better than everyone else. Will you please reconsider your vote. Also I have time to practice using my tules before I will have to use them for real. I will practice protecting pages by protecting, then unprotecting my user page. I will delete, and then undelete my talk page. I will make a account, then block it. I will make a edit on my user page and then revert it. Please reconsider. Have a nice week and god bless.--Sir James Paul 14:04, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Account creation[change source]
- Well, the IP isn't causing any trouble as of yet. We'll probably play the same game as last time (Good-faith edits until the amount of personal info gets to be too much). I don't think it would be catastrophic if we left the IP unblocked. PullToOpen Talk 21:07, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think the IP is shared. In fact, do you know "her" IP address? So that we can watch out for her.-- Tdxiang 10:50, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
Shouldn't the user be allowed to keep one account? zephyr2k 03:21, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
RaƏmbūtǻng recreated[change source]
Did you read my comment, I said it would be the same as the one on wikipedia. --^Sir^James^Paul^ 20:06, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
- Heh, wait until AVB has a little more capacity before any more wikis. SEWiki doesn't have the volume for AVB to be critical, though it is nice to let a machine do all the work :) -- Tawker 09:44, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Bot status[change source]
Admin nomination[change source]
But if my sister doesn't do any harm, then why can't she join? She's okay with English Wikipedia, but she prefers Simple Wikipedia. Also, wouldn't she also be called a sockpuppet on the English Wikipedia; I have an account there too. That is what I'm really worried about.(I'm Bobo Bonnie) ~Bobo~
|Congratulations: You have been given a Barnstar!
I award you this barnstar for all your work you've put into Simple. Hope you continue and well done!
Thank you very much re Simple English Wikiquote RfA[change source]
Re: Spellchecker?[change source]
This is a school IP so you probably should block it.
You seem to be an admin... I'd like to complain about User:Netoholic about his irrational behaviour concerning a spelling dispute. See his talk page ("Basic English, again") for details. DenisL 15:41, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
I can't leave you a message because the IP is blocked, I'll find the IP address on the page it tells me I'm blocked, and then log on to give you the IP. I'm not on that computer, and in fact, many of the computers are blocked. It might take a while before I can tell you it, is that okay??~Bobo~
This is Bobo. The IP address is not blocked anymore, but over 50 computers share this address:18.104.22.168, and it was blocked last time. Vandalism did go on, because I checked the history. I think that is why I was accused of being the sockpuppet of Flight?-Bobo (in computer with IP 22.214.171.124)
By the way, how come only some computers with the IP 126.96.36.199 are blocked? They are the same IP. Anyway, is it okay for me to edit on the public IP address 188.8.131.52, if I log in, with out being accused of vandalism? There are tons of computers with the IP!~Bobo~ 01:45, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
K.McA vandal[change source]
More McA[change source]
Bot flag[change source]
Selective restoration[change source]
While glancing at the history of your talk page, I noticed that the vandal who added the link that I deleted on my talk page added the same link to yours. To be safe, I've deleted those edits, but there are several more talk pages that have the link on their histories. PTO 22:57, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
I was wondering when somebody would get that - I'd had my eye on the category for a while, and that was there for pretty much the entire time :P
No problem, I fully understand the need for transparency and fairness. I'm just glad I was able to help protect this Wiki from being abused by a sneaky user. MatthewFenton 18:37, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
egg nog[change source]
On the Christmas page, there is a red link called "egg nog". What is egg nog? egg nog
Bot status[change source]
A useless question[change source]
On your block log, there is some user named Kate McAulliffe. I cannot find her on Wikipedia. Who is she?184.108.40.206 00:14, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Vandalism this morning[change source]
- Yes, they definitely were tricky. I had a hard time dealing with them this morning because I couldn't tell right away if they were serious or not. Once I had it figured out, there were no admins around. Kind of frustrating, but I'm glad it's all worked out now. Thanks for taking care of it! :-D · Tygartl1·talk· 20:37, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Thank you so much![change source]
Thank you for helping me with the tricky image thing! I've been learning more and more about Wikipedia every day and I appreciate you helping me out. APT41790 18:04, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
Speedy name change requested[change source]
(cross post to Blockinblox's talk page as well)I noticed that a vandal-only account by the name of Phaedriel showed up today. This user is an administrator on the English Wikipedia (User:Phaedriel). I have alerted Phaedriel of this impersonation, so you or Blockinblox should change the name of that account to something else so that the real Phaedriel may register her name. Thanks. PTO 20:04, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- Also, while you're at it, would you be so nice as to change my username to "Sean William"? I've recently changed my name to that on the English Wikipedia and IRC, and would like the name on this wiki to correspond. Thank you. PTO 20:07, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
I sure will add my email address. The reason I haven't added it before is I can't check it while I am at work, which is the majority of the time I'm on Wikipedia. I can see the need for having it now that I'm an admin though. Thanks for the reminder! · Tygartl1·talk· 16:19, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- My email has now been activated. · Tygartl1·talk· 21:57, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Vector bureaucratship[change source]
Hi Archer7, I saw your message on my meta talk page and I wanted to let you know that I'm still interested. However I only use my bot occasionally these days. I'll try to do some test edits later this week, so you can see my bot at work. Thanks for looking at the old requests! --Erwin85 20:51, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
Hello Archer7...I have revoke the status on tangoBot, and I tell this at tangotango in his en.wiki's talk, If the bot will be run again, I grant the status again, I hope it's all ok. --vector ^_^ (talk) 20:04, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- I think thant tangotango will not used his bot, yes I write a bad object :( but I contact him on en.wiki, if he would use the bot I flag his bot, sorry --vector ^_^ (talk) 16:37, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
Reply on mkil[change source]
I have no problem forgetting the dude if he truly stops attacking me and calling me names, his imaginatory friends on other wiki as well and as long as he does not bother my edits, we are cool, you promised he will go away, yesterday he screwed with baker page. Is this neutrality?Freddy 16:02, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Snakes on a Plane redirect[change source]
I'm not really sure. But on the English Wikipedia, there is a redirect of the same name pointing to the Snakes on a Plane article, so I decided to add the redirect here. This has nothing with redirects, but maybe there could be some info about the famous line. Panda Bear 18:16, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Le Pied-bot[change source]
User:Mama Krabs[change source]
I don't fully understand why you blocked Mama Krabs. All she got to do was set up a user page. —220.127.116.11 15:44, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Picture of the program Blender[change source]
Konnichiwa! (That's Japanese for "Hello.") On the English Wikipedia, there is a image of a program called Blender, which is licensed under the GNU General Public License. Could you please upload this image to Wikimedia Commons? Here's the link to the image.  Okay, I'm just joking. Here's the real link to the image.  Panda Bear 02:12, 11 June 2007 (UTC) I asked Alastor Moody to upload the image, and he did, so ignore my above post. (Oh, and maybe you should archive your talk page.) Panda Bear 02:36, 15 June 2007 (UTC)