William Lyon Mackenzie King
He served as the tenth Prime Minister of Canada from December 29, 1921 to June 28, 1926; from September 25, 1926 to August 7, 1930; and from October 23, 1935 to November 15, 1948. A Liberal with 22 years in office, he was the longest-serving Prime Minister in Canadian history.
References[change | change source]
- "Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada – Former Prime Ministers and Their Grave Sites – The Right Honourable William Lyon Mackenzie King". Parks Canada. Government of Canada. February 24, 2011. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Canadian Newspapers and the Second World War
- Mackenzie King declares war against Nazi Germany (.rm file) 1939 speech
- CBC Digital Archives – Mackenzie King: Public Life, Private Man
- Woodside National Historic Site page from Parks Canada website
- The secret of heroism : a memoir of Henry Albert Harper by William Lyon Mackenzie King at archive.org
- William Lyon Mackenzie King Estate Visitor's Information