From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1360s 1370s 1380s – 1390s – 1400s 1410s 1420s|
|Years:||1387 1388 1389 – 1390 – 1391 1392 1393|
Events[change | edit source]
- Robert III succeeds his father, Robert II, as King of Scotland.
- Henry III succeeds his father, John I, as King of Castile and León.
- John VII Palaiologos overthrows his grandfather, John V Palaiologos, as Byzantine Emperor. John V Palaiologos is restored later in the year by his son, Manuel, and the Republic of Venice.
- The Turks take Philadelphia, the last Byzantine enclave of any significance in Anatolia.
- With the help of the Teutonic Knights, Vytautas begins a revolt against his cousin, Jogaila the Supreme Prince of Lithuania.
- Barquq is restored as Mamluk Sultan of Egypt after overthrowing Sultan Hadji II.
- Nasir ud din Muhammad Shah III overthrows his brother, Abu Baker, as Sultan of Delhi.
- Manuel III succeeds his father, Alexios III, as Emperor of Trebizond (now north eastern Turkey).
- Sikandar But-shikan succeeds Sikandar Shah as Sultan of Kashmir.
- Ko Cheng succeeds Che Bong Nga as King of Champa (now eastern Vietnam).
- Mahmud succeeds Sandaki as Mansa of the Mali Empire.
- N'Diklam Sare succeeds Sare N'Dyaye as ruler of the Jolof Empire (now part of Senegal).
- (circa 1390) The Kingdom of Kaffa is established in present day Ethiopia.
- Building of Templo Mayor, the main temple of the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City).
- Building of the Candi Surawana temple in the Majapahit Kingdom (now Indonesia).
- San Petronio Basilica begins to be built in Bologna.
|Ab urbe condita||2143|
|English Regnal year||13 Ric. 2 – 14 Ric. 2|
— to —庚午年十一月廿五日
|- Vikram Samvat||1446–1447|
|- Shaka Samvat||1312–1313|
|- Kali Yuga||4491–4492|
|Minguo calendar||522 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1933|
Births[change | edit source]
- December 27 – Anne de Mortimer, claimant to the English throne (died 1411)
- Domenico da Piacenza, Italian dancemaster (died 1470)
- John Dunstaple, English composer (died 1453)
- Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson, Swedish statesman and rebel leader (died 1436)
- Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester (died 1447)
- John VIII Palaeologus Byzantine Emperor (died 1448)
Deaths[change | edit source]
- April 19 – King Robert II of Scotland (born 1316)
- August 14 – John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel, English soldier (b. 1364)
- September 23 – John I, Duke of Lorraine (born 1346)
- October 9 – King John I of Castile (fall from a horse) (born 1358)
- Altichiero, Italian painter (born 1330)
- Sultan Sikandar Shah of Kashmir.
- Towtiwil, Prince of Black Ruthenia