|Part of a series of articles on
|Track and field athletics
|Ice Hockey· Skating
Gymnastics is a sport which involves running, jumping, tumbling, somersaulting, and balancing. In women's gymnastics, there are four activities: floor exercise, uneven bars, balance beam, and vault. In men's gymnastics, there are six activities: floor exercise, parallel bars, high bar, pommel horse, vault, and rings.
Gymnastics is an Olympic sport.
History[change | change source]
Forms of gymnastics[change | change source]
There are several forms of gymnastics, including rhythmic gymnastics, artistic gymnastics, acrobatics, trampolining, and wheel gymnastics. In artistic gymnastics, gymnasts perform short routines using different pieces of equipment. Acrobatics involves showing balance and performing flips on the floor or in the air. In trampolining, gymnasts do routines using only the trampoline. Wheel gymnasts exercise in a large wheel called a German wheel.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: gymnastics|
Other websites[change | change source]
- FM Gymnastics- a list of Techniques and free animated comic tutorials for Floor Gymnastics.
Websites of the federations[change | change source]
- Gimnasia Argentina
- Gymnastics Australia
- Brazilian Gymnastics Federation
- Gymnastics Canada
- Chinese Gymnastics Association
- Fédération Française de Gymnastique
- Federazione Ginnastica d'Italia
- Japan Gymnastic Association
- Mexican Gymnastics Federation
- Romanian Gymnastics Federation
- Russian Gymnastics Federation
- British Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics