From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This box shows the color turquoise.|
Turquoise is the color of the gem turquoise. It is a slightly greenish shade of cyan. Turquoise is sometimes described as a mixture of pale blue and green. The name comes from the French word for Turkish.
Meaning of turquoise [change]
- People who practise holistic medicine say that turquoise has a calming effect on patients. They use this color to treat patients prone to panic attacks or mania. To a lesser degree, mainstream psychiatric hospitals also use turquoise and other light shades of blue and green to calm patients by painting the walls in these colors.
- "The Turquoise" is slang for the waters of the Caribbean. In the sunlight these waters look turquoise because they are shallow.
- The color and gem stone represent Sagittarius.
Tones of turquoise color comparison chart [change]
- Pale Turquoise (web color) (Hex: #AFEEEE) (RGB: 175, 238, 238)
- Turquoise Blue (Hex: #00FFEF) (RGB: 0, 255, 239)
- Bright Turquoise (Hex: #08E8DE) (RGB: 8, 232, 222)
- TURQUOISE (web color) (Hex: #40E0D0) (RGB: 64, 224, 208)
- Medium Turquoise (web color) (Hex: #48D1CC) (RGB: 72, 209, 204)
- Deep Turquoise (web color Dark Turquoise) (Hex: #00CED1) (RGB: 0, 206, 209)