World Wrestling Entertainment programs
||This article does not have any sources. (April 2009)|
Television and webcasts [change]
WWE currently runs with three major shows on television. They are: Raw, Friday Night SmackDown!, WWE Superstars and ECW. WWE also airs recap shows: A.M. Raw (not in UK), The WWE Experience, Bottom Line, and Afterburn.
Since WWE's departure from Spike TV in the United States, WWE has moved Heat on to their website as a webcast, while overseas it is still shown as a regular television program. The latest episode of Heat is put up on WWE.com every Friday afternoon. Other webcasts such as WWE Rollin, WWE Sidesplitters and WWE Uncut can be found in the All Videos section of WWE.com.
- The Four Main WWE Programs:
- Current WWE Recap Shows:
International broadcasting [change]
FOX8 is currently the only network to air all televised shows in Australia. Times for programmes are as follows and are in EST:
- Raw - Wednesdays at 3:30pm, Thursday at 1:00am, Saturdays 12:00pm
- SmackDown! - Fridays at 3:30pm, Saturdays at 1:00am, Sundays at 12:00pm
- ECW - Thursdays at 3:30pm, Fridays at 1:00am, Saturdays at 2:00pm
- WWE Superstars-Fridays at 2:30 pm
- The WWE Experience - Saturdays at 3:00pm
- Pay Per View Events - LIVE on Main Event, replayed at 4:30pm, 8:30pm and 12:30am
- Free For All - PPV Pre-Show on Main Event, aired 30 minutes before every PPV showing.
- ECW - Sundays on FX at 1PM Brazilian Time
- WWE Raw - Mondays on The Score at 9:15pm starting with a countdown show a 9:00pm, replayed Tuesdays at 12:00am and 4:00pm
- WWE SmackDown! - Fridays on The Score at 8:00pm ET, replayed at 12:00am
- Saturday Night's Main Event (when available) - Saturdays on Global at 11:30pm
- The WWE Experience (separate show from The WWE Experience) - Sundays on The Score at 7:00pm
Costa Rica [change]
WWE Programming shows on FX Latin America are not scheduled here, Raw and SmackDown! airs trough national aircasting station Repretel Canal 11 (Repretel channel 11)
- WWE Raw - Saturdays at 6:00pm
- WWE SmackDown! - Sundays at 6:00pm
- WWE PPV's - PPV's are aired Saturday or Sunday's night at 6:00PM, according to the relative position of the particular PPV to the other two shows aired. The respective Raw or SmackDown! chapter is aired right after the PPV.
- WWE Raw - Tuesdays at 4:00pm on Premiere Sport Portal, replayed at the same day at 11:00pm
- WWE ECW - Wednesdays at 4:00pm on Premiere Sport Portal, replayed at the same day at 11:00pm
- WWE Bottom Line - Thursdays at 4:00pm on Premiere Sport Portal, replayed at the same day at 12:00am
- WWE Afterbun - Fridays at 4:00pm on Premiere Sport Portal, replayed at the same day at 11:00pm
- WWE Heat - Saturdays at 10am on Premiere Sport Portal, replayed at the same day at 12:00pm
- WWE SmackDown! - Saturdays at 10:00pm on DSF
- WWE PPV's - PPV's are aired live Sundays at 2:00am on Premiere Sport Portal
- WWE Raw - Thursdays at 10:30pm on RTL9, replayed Saturdays at 8:45pm on NT1
- WWE SmackDown! - Fridays at 10:25pm on NT1
New Zealand [change]
The BOX is currently the only network to air all television shows in New Zealand.
- WWE Raw - Fridays at 8:30pm, Saturdays at 9:20am & Sundays at 4:00pm
- WWE ECW - Sundays at 12:30am, 3:50am & 3:05pm
- WWE SmackDown! - Sundays at 5:45pm, 11:45pm & Mondays at 6:00am
- WWE Saturday Night's Main Event (when available) - Sundays at 7:30pm
- Free For All - PPV Pre-Show on Sky Box Office, aired 30 minutes before every PPV showing.
- WWE Pay-Per-View Events - LIVE on Sky Box Office (replayed at 7:00pm).
WWE Programming shows on FX Latin America and ATV Andina de Radio Difusión in Peru.
- WWE Raw - Saturdays on ATV at 6:00pm
- WWE SmackDown! - Saturdays on ATV at 7:00pm, and at 9:00pm when Saturday Night's Main Event is held.
- WWE ECW - Sundays on FX Latin America 7:00pm, replays Wednesdays at 7:00pm.
- Pay-Per-View Events - Sundays on ATV at 8:00pm.
- Saturdays Night's Main Event - When it is available, it airs at Saturdays on ATV at 7:00pm.
- WWE Experience (not The WWE Experience) - Sundays on FX Latin America 8:00pm, replays Thursdays at 7:00pm.
Puerto Rico [change]
- SmackDown! - Sundays on is shown on WAPA-TV at 10:00pm AST
- Raw -Mondays on Cablevision, Adelphia, Centennial at 9:00 pm AST.
- ECW on Sci-Fi -Tuesdays on Cablevision, Adelphia, Centennial at 10:00 pm AST
- WWE A.M. Raw -Saturdays on Cablevision, Adelphia, Centennial at 9:00 am AST
- WWE Raw - Saturdays at 6pm on Jack TV, Saturdays at 10pm on ABC
- WWE SmackDown! - Sundays at 6pm on Jack TV, Sundays at 10pm on ABC
- WWE ECW - Sundays at 5pm on Jack TV
- WWE Heat - Mondays at 6pm on Jack TV
- WWE Afterburn - Thursdays at 6pm on Jack TV
- WWE Bottom Line - Tuesdays at 6pm on Jack TV
- The WWE Experience - Fridays at 6pm on Jack TV
- WWE 24/7 - Everyday on MAXXX
- WWE Raw- Fridays at 10.15pm on SIC Radical, repetitions on Thursdays at 10am and Mondays at 8pm
- WWE SmackDown! -Saturdays at 9.15am on TVI
- WWE ECW- Saturdays back to back shows from 7pm to 9pm, repetitions on Fridays at 10am and Saturdays at 11am
- Pay-Per-View Events -Sundays at 7pm, repetitions on Wednesdays at 10am and Saturdays at 6.30pm
Southern Africa [change]
- Raw - Sundays, etv at 5pm SAST
- SmackDown! - Wednesdays, etv at 8.30pm SAST
- ECW - Saturdays, etv at 5pm SAST
- Bottom Line - Saturdays, 12pm on Supersport 2 SAST
- Afterburn - Wednesdays, 9.30pm on Supersport 2 SAST
- Pay Per View Events - Sundays at 5pm or 6.30pm on Supersport, and replayed Monday morning at 5am on M-Net SAST
South Asia [change]
- Raw - Monday at 5pm IST, replayed on Mondays at 10:30pm and Tuesdays at 8:00am.
- SmackDown! - Tuesdays at 5pm IST, and replayed on Tuesdays at 10:30pm and Wednesdays at 8:00am.
- ECW - Fridays at 10:30pm IST, and replayed on Saturdays at 10:00pm.
- Heat - Sundays at 5pm IST, and replayed on Sundays at 10:30pm and Mondays at 8:00am.
- Afterburn - Wednesdays at 5pm IST, and replayed on Wednesdays at 10:30pm and on Thursdays at 8:00am.
- Bottom Line - Thursdays at 5pm IST, and is replayed on Thursdays at 10:30pm and on Fridays at 8:00am.
- The WWE Experience - Saturdays at 5pm IST, and replayed on Saturdays at 11:00pm and on Sundays 8:00am.
- Pay-Per-View Events - Sundays at scheduled time, replayed Mondays at scheduled time.
United Kingdom [change]
Most of WWE's programs are shown on Sky Sports 3 apart from WWE Experience, Saturday Night's Main Event and pay-per-views.
- Raw - Tuesdays at 2am BST, replayed Thursdays at 9pm and Fridays at 5pm.
- SmackDown! - Fridays at 10pm, replayed on Saturdays at 10am, 5pm, 11pm and Tuesdays at 5pm.
- Afterburn - Sundays at 8am and 9pm: the UK sees two versions with differing content; a daytime version and a "late night" version.
- Bottom Line - Saturday at 12am and 12pm: like Afterburn, the UK sees two versions with differing content; a daytime version and a "late night" version.
- The WWE Experience - Sundays at 11am, Sky One and 5pm on Sky Sports 3.
- Saturday Night's Main Event - Sky Sports 1.
- Pay-Per-View Events - Sky Sports 1 and Sky Box Office; some are free and paid by the subscription charges.
United States [change]
- Raw - Mondays on USA Network at 8pm, Wednesdays on mun2 at 9PM & Sundays at 2PM, Sundays at 4PM on Telemundo ET
- Friday Night SmackDown! - Fridays on The CW and Intercontinental Television (ITV) at 8pm
- ECW - Tuesdays on Sci Fi Channel at 10pm.
- A.M. RAW - Sundays on USA Network at 2AM
- Saturday Night's Main Event, when held, is shown on Saturday night on NBC at 8pm
- Madison Square Garden Classics, - Wednesdays on MSG Networks at 8PM and 9PM.
Former programming [change]
WWE movies [change]
Since 2003, WWE has produced its own movie productions. Instead of focusing on wrestling movies, WWE produces movies that are non-wrestling related. WWE and Vince McMahon were credited for production of the movies The Scorpion King, The Rundown and Walking Tall all starring The Rock (Dwayne Johnson).
WWE movies has since ventured in on their own, releasing, See No Evil, a horror movie, starring Kane and also The Marine, an action movie starring John Cena. WWE has also noted that Steve Austin has agreed to star in three movie deals, the first being The Condemned.
WWE 24/7 [change]
In 2004, WWE announced a new video on demand service for digital cable users, allowing subscribers to the service access to matches in the promotion's extensive video library. The programming is broken into six sections and features classic shows, matches, and features highlighting legends of wrestling.
- The Big Ones
- Classic pay-per-views and supershows.
- Hall of Fame
- Documentaries on Hall of Fame wrestlers.
- Matches featuring the wrestler of the month.
- Matches and memorable moments centered around the months theme.
- Documentaries and retrospectives.
- Territories - ECW
WWE is currently one of the leaders in pay-per-view content for cable and satellite television. Pay-per-views account for approximately 25% of WWE revenues. There are fourteen live shows for North America, four for United Kingdom, four for Australia and two for Japan. The pay-per-view events WWE hold currently are:
- Royal Rumble
- Elimanation Chamber
- Judgment Day
- Extreme Rules
- Night of Champions
- The Bash
- Breaking Point
- Hell in a Cell
- Bragging Rights
- Survivor Series
- T.L.C Tables, Ladders and Chairs
Other pages [change]