1088 was a leap year.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s|
|Years:||1085 1086 1087 – 1088 – 1089 1090 1091|
Events[change | change source]
- Succession of Pope Urban II (1088-1099)
- Work begins on the third and largest church at Cluny
- Rebellion of 1088 against William II of England lead by Odo of Bayeux.
- Mansur ibn Nasir succeeds Nasir ibn Alnas as ruler of the Hammadid dynasty
- University of Bologna was founded.