|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1188 1189 1190 – 1191 – 1192 1193 1194|
|Ab urbe condita||1944|
|Balinese saka calendar||1112–1113|
|English Regnal year||2 Ric. 1 – 3 Ric. 1|
|Chinese calendar||庚戌年 (Metal Dog)|
3887 or 3827
— to —
辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
3888 or 3828
|- Vikram Samvat||1247–1248|
|- Shaka Samvat||1112–1113|
|- Kali Yuga||4291–4292|
|Japanese calendar||Kenkyū 2|
|Minguo calendar||721 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1502/1503 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1733–1734|
1317 or 936 or 164
— to —
1318 or 937 or 165
1191 (MCXCI) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar, the 1191st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 191st year of the 2nd millennium, the 91st year of the 12th century, and the 2nd year of the 1190s decade.
Events[change | change source]
- May 12 – Richard I of England marries Berengaria of Navarre.
- September 7 – Third Crusade: Battle of Arsuf – Richard I of England fights against Saladin at Arsuf. Result of battle is inconclusive.
- The monks of Glastonbury Abbey announce that they have found the burial sites of King Arthur and his Queen Guinevere.
- The city of Berne was founded by the duke Berthold V of Zähringen
Births[change | change source]
- February 8 – Yaroslav II of Russia (d. 1246)
Deaths[change | change source]
- March 27 – Pope Clement III
- Shahab-ud-din Suhrawardi the Sufi saint and mystic was executed.
Miscellaneous[change | change source]
This is the year the popular game for Xbox 360, Assassin's Creed, is set.