|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1230s 1240s 1250s – 1260s – 1270s 1280s 1290s|
|Years:||1260 1261 1262 – 1263 – 1264 1265 1266|
Events[change | change source]
- October – King Alexander III of Scotland defeats the Viking armada of King Haakon IV of Norway in the Battle of Largs.
- King James I of Aragon conquers Crevillente, Spain from the Moors during the Reconquista.
- Mindaugas, the only Christian king of Lithuania, is assassinated by his cousin Treniota.
- The chieftains of the eastern part of Iceland become the last to pledge fealty to the Norwegian king, bringing a more complete end to the Icelandic Commonwealth and the Icelandic civil war.
- Genoa captures the city of Chania on Crete from the Venetians.
- Hulagu Khan is defeated in an attempted invasion north of the Caucasus.
- Based on Magdeburg Law Żnin (Poland) was given city rights