From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1430s 1440s 1450s – 1460s – 1470s 1480s 1490s|
|Years:||1464 1465 1466 – 1467 – 1468 1469 1470|
Events[change | change source]
- October 29 – Battle of Brusthem: Charles the Bold defeats Liege
- Beginning of the Sengoku Period in Japan.
- Circa this year, polyalphabetic cipher invented by Leone Battista Alberti.
- Regent of Sweden Erik Axelsson Tott supports the re-election of deposed Charles VIII of Sweden to the throne.
- Pope Paul II arrested and tortured some of the abbreviators, among them was Filip Callimachus.