|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||280s 290s 300s – 310s – 320s 330s 340s|
|Years:||310 311 312 – 313 – 314 315 316|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Roman Empire[change | change source]
- February 3 – Edict of Milan: Constantine the Great and co-emperor Licinius give religious freedom for all. They end the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire.
- Emperor Maximinus II fights at Bosphorus.
- April 30 – Battle of Tzirallum: Licinius defeats his rival Maximinus II. He becomes Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire. Maximinus runs away to Nicomedia and commits suicide.
Asia[change | change source]
- March 14 – Emperor Jin Huidi is killed by Liu Cong, ruler of the Xiongnu state (Han Zhao).
- Crown prince Jin Mindi, age 13, becomes the new emperor of the Jin Dynasty.
By topic[change | change source]
Art[change | change source]
Religion[change | change source]
- Constantine I and Licinius accept Christianity.
- October 2 – Lateran Synod: Donatism is made a heresy.
- Arius preaches of the human nature of Jesus.
Births[change | change source]
- Didymus the Blind, Alexandrian theologian (approximate date)
- Shi Hong, emperor of the Chinese Jie state (d. 334)