Alessandra Corine Maria Ambrósio
April 11, 1981
|Partner(s)||Jamie Mazur (2005–2018) |
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Eye color||Brown and blue|
Alessandra Ambrosio (born April 11, 1981 in Erechim, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) is a Brazilian-born American supermodel. She beame a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2004. She was featured several times on the Forbes list of best paid models.
Early life[change | change source]
Ambrosio's parents are Brazilian with Italian and Polish ancestry. They are the owners of a gas station. At age 11, she had plastic surgery to fix her large ears. She later told Tyra Banks on her talk show, The Tyra Banks Show, that it was a bad experience and she would never do surgery again. She started taking modeling classes at age 12. Two years later she was one of the finalists of the Elite Model Look in Brazil. This launched her modeling career and she signed a contract with Elite Model Management.
Career[change | change source]
Her first job was appearing on the cover of Elle in Brazil. She also did a Guess campaign. In 2004, she started her swimsuit line, Alessandra Ambrosio by Sais. This was part of a business agreement with Amir Slama's brand Rosa Chá. In 2006, she did a cameo appearance in the movie Casino Royale. In 2014, she launched her clothing line, ále by Alessandra sold at Planet Blue.
Victoria's Secret[change | change source]
In 2004, Ambrosio became an Angel, a spokesmodel for lingerie brand Victoria's Secret. She has been walking their fashion show since 2000. From 2004 to 2006 she worked mainly for their younger line, PINK, and is now working for the main line. In 2008, she walked the fashion show three months after giving birth to her daughter. The following year, she opened the fashion show.
In 2012, she was selected to wear the Fantasy Bra. That year, it was called the Floral Fantasy Bra. It was created by London Jewelers and featured amethysts, rubies, sapphires and diamonds (including a 20-carat white diamond in the center), making it worth $2,500,000. She walked during the last segment of the year's fashion while wearing it with wings.
In 2014, she was selected to wear the Fantasy Bra again, but this time there were two bras : the Dream Angels Fantasy Bras worn by herself and fellow Angel Adriana Lima. Each one of them is worth $2,000,000 and they opened a segment of the year's fashion show while wearing them. It is Alessandra Ambrosio's second Fantasy Bra and Adriana Lima's third.
Personal life[change | change source]
Alessandra Ambrosio became engaged to Jamie Mazur in 2008. They have two children together: a girl named Anja Louise Ambrosio Mazur (born August 24, 2008) and a boy named Noah Phoenix Ambrosio Mazur (born May 7, 2012).
Filmography[change | change source]
Movies[change | change source]
- 2006 : Casino Royale
Television[change | change source]
- 2007 : How I Met Your Mother : Herself
- 2007 : Entourage
- 2010 : Gossip Girl : Model
- 2013 : America's Next Top Model : Herself
- 2014 : New Girl : Herself
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alessandra Ambrosio.|
- "Alessandra Ambrosio - Fashion Model". The Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- Garcia, Kelsey (April 10, 2013). "Alessandra Ambrosio Birthday". Elle. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "Alessandra Amborsio". clynemodels.com. Retrieved July 25, 2019.[permanent dead link]
- "Alessandra Ambrosio". models.com. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio, Brazilian". FMD - The Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Sarah Karmali (August 21, 2013). "The World's Richest Models Revealed". Vogue. Archived from the original on January 12, 2015. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- "Success Stories Alessandra Ambrosio". Elle Model Look. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Marcy Medina (March 4, 2014). "Alessandra Ambrosio Launching Apparel". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Aly Weisman (December 11, 2013). "How Alessandra Ambrosio Went From Small Town Brazil To Become One Of The Wealthiest Models In The World". Business Insider Inc. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Sarah Karmali (October 17, 2012). "Alessandra Ambrosio Models Fantasy Bra". Vogue. UK. Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Leisa Barnett (August 26, 2008). "A Models Daughter". Vogue. UK. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Lauren Milligan (May 8, 2012). "Brazilian Boy". Vogue. UK. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved February 21, 2015.