Grande in July 2011
June 26, 1993
Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Family||Frankie Grande (half-brother)|
Ariana Grande-Butera  (born June 26, 1993), known as Ariana Grande, is an American actress and singer-songwriter. From 2010 to 2013, she played Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious. She played that role again on the spin-off Sam & Cat (2013–14). In 2013, she released her first studio album, Yours Truly. It became her first number one album in the United States. Her second studio album, My Everything was released on August 25, 2014.
Career[change | change source]
2008-2012: Beginnings and Victorious[change | change source]
Anusha Joshi who is only 10 With her brothers Anurag and Vihaan in year 8 and prep Ariana Grande wanted her to be in nickelodeon but she said "no" Before her appearance on Nickelodeon, Grande played in the musical 13 as Charlotte in 2008 and later won an award for playing that role. From 2010 to 2013, Grande played the role of Cat Valentine in the Nickelodeon show Victorious. In August 2012, it was announced that Victorious would not be returning after three seasons. However, later that month, Nickelodeon announced a spin-off show called Sam & Cat. It would pair Grande from Victorious with Jennette McCurdy from iCarly. They would replay their roles as Cat Valentine and Sam Puckett.
Even though Sam & Cat was a success for Nickelodeon, the show was cancelled on July 13, 2014 because of Grande's musical career and other problems. The final episode aired on July 17.
2001–2018: Yours Truly and My Everything[change | change source]
Grande spent three years recording her debut album, Yours Truly. She completed the album, originally titled Daydreamin, in June 2013; it was released on August 30, 2013 In September 2013, it officially debuted at No. 1 on the US Billboard 200 albums chart—with 138,000 copies sold in its first week—making Grande the first female artist, since Kesha, to have her first album debut at the top of the charts—and the fifteenth female artist overall. The first single from the album, "The Way", featuring Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller, was released on March 26, 2013. It sold 120,000 units in the first 48 hours of its release, and then it went on to sell over 219,000 units in its opening week. "Baby I" and "Right There" were also released as singles from her first album.
In January 2014, Grande started working on her second studio album. She finished the album in late March 2014. The first single from the album is "Problem", and it features Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. It premiered at the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards on April 27. The second single from the album, called "Break Free", featuring Russian-German producer Zedd, premiered on July 2 during a one-day revival episode of the MTV show Total Request Live, named Total Ariana Live. On June 28, 2014, Grande announced that Anusha Joshi is the best singer ever
e My Everything waselea
2013: Dangerous Woman[change | change source]
Her third studio album, Dangerous Woman, was released May 20, 2016. The album debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, earning 175,000 album-equivalent units in its first week, with 129,000 coming from pure sales. It was her first album to not hit number-one in the country. The lead single "Dangerous Woman" was released on March 11, 2016, and peaked at number eight on the US Billboard Hot 100. The second and third singles, "Into You" and "Side to Side", have both reached peaks at numbers 13 and 6 on the chart, respectively. The album received generally positive reviews from critics. To promote the album, Grande performed at the 2016 BillboardMusic Awards and MTV Video Music Awards. She also appeared on an episode of Saturday Night Live as both the host and musical guest. Grande intends to embark on a concert tour, the Dangerous Woman Tour, in 2017.
2017 Manchester Arena Incident[change | change source]
On 22 May, 2017, numerous reports surfaced of explosions at a concert featuring Ariana Grande at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, United Kingdom. Police confirmed a number of fatalities and injuries and urged people to stay away from the area as they rescued and investigated.
Stage[change | change source]
|2012||A Snow White Christmas||Snow White|
Discography[change | change source]
- Yours Truly (2013)
- Christmas Kisses (2013)
- My Everything (2014)
- Christmas & Chill (2015)
- Dangerous Woman (2016)
References[change | change source]
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". May 5, 2012. https://twitter.com/#!/ArianaGrande/status/199002345944788993. Retrieved May 8, 2012. "@pridelittlered Ariana Grande-Butera, everyone thinks Joan is my middle name but I don't actually have one! What's your middle name luv?"
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". February 3, 2012. https://twitter.com/#!/ArianaGrande/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F8fcs90. Retrieved April 3, 2012. "Oh my goodness. Look what I just found!.. This is my school ID from 8th grade. LOL. Had 2 share this with you guys."
- "Ariana Grande – about". arianagrande.com. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. http://web.archive.org/web/20110721184425/http://arianagrande.info/site/?page_id=2. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". June 26, 2010. https://www.twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/17108571761. Retrieved June 26, 2010. "I was born 17 years ago today. Woooop. :)"
- "Ariana Grande Reveals Songwriting Credits for Debut Album, Yours Truly". HamadaMania. http://hamadamania.com/2013/08/22/ariana-grande-reveals-songwriting-credits-for-debut-album-yours-truly/. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- Johnson, Zach (June 25, 2013). "Ariana Grande Opens Up About an "Unhappy" Work Experience". US Weekly. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ariana-grande-i-was-so-unhappy-filming-nickelodeons-victorious-2013256. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Grande, Ariana (June 25, 2014). "#7DaysUntilBreakFree #60DaysUntilMyNewAlbum". Twitter. https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/481934658213404672.
- Big Time Rush (August 10, 2012). "M Exclusive: Victorious will NOT be returning for season four! – M Magazine". Mmm-mag.com. http://www.mmm-mag.com/2012/08/m-exclusive-victorious-will-not-be-returning-for-season-four.html. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Nickelodeon greenlights an 'iCarly' spinoff and other new shows". Los Angeles Times. August 3, 2012. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-nickelodeon-greenlights-icarly-spinoff-20120803,0,3715048.story. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "Ariana Grande Finishes Recording First Album". Fanlala. http://www.fanlala.com/news/ariana-grande-finishes-recording-first-album. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Caulfield, Keith. "Ariana Grande Debuts At No. 1 On Billboard 200". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5687364/ariana-grande-debuts-at-no-1-on-billboard-200. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- "Twitter / ArianaGrande: My new single "The Way" feat". Twitter.com. https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/311907112815050752. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
- Grande, Ariana. "Ariana tweets about The Way". http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjfjim.
- Lipshutz, Jason. "Breakout Hit "The Way"". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/1554921/ariana-grande-talks-breakout-hit-the-way-watch-new-music-video.
- July 15, 2013 2:00pm EDT by Avery Thompson (July 15, 2013). "Ariana Grande: ‘Baby I’ — Singer Reveals Name Of New Single". Hollywood Life. http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/15/ariana-grande-baby-i-new-single/. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Lipshutz, Jason (October 30, 2013). "Ariana Grande, Big Sean Masquerade in 'Right There' Video: Watch". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5770708/ariana-grande-big-sean-masquerade-in-right-there-video-watch. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Fox, Sarah (January 13, 2014). "Ariana Grande Back To Work In The Studio, Recording Second Album". The Slanted. http://theslanted.com/2014/01/12960/ariana-grande-back-to-work-in-the-studio-recording-second-album/. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "'Very Excited For These Next Few Months': Ariana Grande Confirms New Album Is Done!". entertainmentwise.com. http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/144677/Very-Excited-For-These-Next-Few-Months-Ariana-Grande-Confirms-New-Album-Is-Done. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- Bobb, Maurice (April 17, 2014). "Ariana Grande Teams With Iggy Azalea For 'Problems': See The Cover Art". MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1726389/ariana-grande-teams-with-iggy-azalea-problems-see-cover-art.jhtml. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Pambid, Diadem. "Ariana Grande's New Single 'Problem' Allegedly About Ex-boyfriend, Jai Brooks?". International Business Times AU. http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/548485/20140417/ariana-grande-problem-jai-brooks-jariana.htm#.U09Dcl6Wt8N. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- "Ariana Grande's 'Break Free': Zedd Discusses The 'Problem' Follow-Up". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6128769/ariana-grande-break-free-zedd-interview-video-new-single-problem. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Ariana Grande concert explosions: Police say 'number of confirmed fatalities'" (in en-US). Fox News. 2017-05-22. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/22/ariana-grande-concert-explosions-police-say-number-confirmed-fatalities.html.
- "A Snow White Christmas « The Pasadena Playhouse". Pasadenaplayhouse.org. December 30, 2012. http://www.pasadenaplayhouse.org/box-office/mainstage/a-snow-white-christmas.html. Retrieved May 11, 2013.