Clinton County, Missouri
|Founded||January 2, 1833|
|Named for||DeWitt Clinton|
|• Total||423 sq mi (1,100 km2)|
|• Land||419 sq mi (1,090 km2)|
|• Water||4.5 sq mi (12 km2) 1.1%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||49/sq mi (19/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
Clinton County is a county located in the U.S. state of Missouri and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the county had a population of 20,743. Its county seat is Plattsburg. The county was organized January 2, 1833 and named for Governor DeWitt Clinton of New York.
References[change | change source]
- "Population Data and Maps | MARC".
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 7, 2013.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Eaton, David Wolfe (1916). How Missouri Counties, Towns and Streams Were Named. The State Historical Society of Missouri. p. 277.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 85.