|Birth name||David Scott Mustaine|
|Born||September 13, 1968|
La Mesa, California, U.S.
|Genres||Heavy metal, thrash metal, speed metal, hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, producer, actor, author, manager|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, piano|
|Labels||Loud, Combat, Capitol, Sanctuary, Roadrunner|
|Associated acts||Megadeth, Metallica, MD.45|
David Mustaine (born September 13, 1968 in La Mesa, California) is the lead guitarist, songwriter and singer for the heavy metal band Megadeth. Mustaine was also a former Metallica guitarist and co-songwriter in the band's early history. He was fired from the band due to his drug and alcohol addictions.
Early life[change | change source]
David Mustaine was born in La Mesa, California, to Emily (née David) and John Mustaine. His father was of French and Finnish descent and his mother was Jewish.[not in the source given] He was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness.
Personal life[change | change source]
Mustaine married Pamela Anne Casselberry in 1998. They have a son, Justice Mustaine who also plays guitar and has appeared in several local theatrical productions, and a daughter, Electra Nicole Mustaine.
Notes[change | change source]
- "Dave Mustaine". MetWorld. Archived from the original on 2006-09-06. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "See Dave Mustaine's 10 Most Prized Possessions (Including Mini Horse!)". Spin. November 21, 2011. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Yahoo! Groups". Groups.yahoo.com. June 22, 2005. Retrieved August 4, 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Bresky, Ben (August 8, 2005). Megadeth Play Israel Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine
- "Dave Mustaine Says That He Knows That He Doesn't Make Lars Ulrich "Comfortable" | Rock News | Eddie Trunk". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2009-09-13. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
-  San Diego Reader, Dave Mustaine Bio
- "Ouch! Headbanging Hurts… « 100.7 WZLX". Wzlx.cbslocal.com. 2011-11-07. Archived from the original on 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- "Megadeth's Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer". blabbermouth.net. June 17, 2019. Retrieved June 17, 2019.