Евразийский Союз (Russian)
|-||Eurasian Commissioners||Viktor Khristenko a|
|-||Establishment agreed||18 November 2011|
|-||Eurasian Economic Space (active)||1 January 2012|
|-||Eurasian Union (planned)||2015|
7,725,077 sq mi
|Time zone||(UTC+3 to +12)|
|b.||By Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev.|
The Eurasian Union (Russian: Евразийский Союз) is a political and economic union whose members are Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan and could include other countries from Europe and Asia, such as, for example, countries that were once part of the USSR.
The idea was suggested in October 2011 by the Prime Minister of Russia, Vladimir Putin, but the idea was first proposed by the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, in a speech, in 1994, in Moscow. On 18 November 2011, the presidents of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia signed an agreement in which they agreed to create the Eurasian Union by 2015. The agreement talked about the membership of candidate states and created the Eurasian Commission (which is based on the European Commission) and the Eurasian Economic Space, which both started work on 1 January 2012.
References[change | change source]
- Ukraine cannot get observer status at Eurasian Econ Union due to Association Agreement with EU, Russia, Interfax-Ukraine (14 June 2013)
- "Putin calls for the Eurasian Union". B92. RIA Novosti. 4 October 2011. http://www.b92.net/eng/news/world-article.php?yyyy=2011&mm=10&dd=04&nav_id=76700. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Putin calls for 'Eurasian Union' of ex-Soviet republics". BBC News. 4 October 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15172519. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Bryanski, Gleb (3 October 2011). "Russia's Putin says wants to build "Eurasian Union"". Yahoo! News. Reuters. https://news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-says-wants-build-eurasian-union-222139037.html. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Новый интеграционный проект для Евразии – будущее, которое рождается сегодня" (in Russian). Izvestia. 3 October 2011. http://www.izvestia.ru/news/502761. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Kazakhstan welcomes Putin's Eurasian Union concept". The Daily Telegraph. 6 October 2011. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/kazakhstan/8808500/Kazakhstan-welcomes-Putins-Eurasian-Union-concept.html. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- "Russia sees union with Belarus and Kazakhstan by 2015". BBC News. 18 November 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15790452. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Евразийские комиссары получат статус федеральных министров" (in Russian). Tut.By. 17 November 2011. http://news.tut.by/politics/259307.html. Retrieved 19 November 2011.