First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition
The First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition was held in Moscow in 1924–1925. Its full name was the First All-Union Philatelic, Scripophilic and Numismatic Exhibition. This was because it combined the objects of philately, scripophily (collecting stock and bond certificates), and numismatics (of coins, money).
The exhibition was organised from 15 December 1924 to 15 February 1925. This was done by the Presidium of the All-Union Philatelic Association and Board of the All-Russian Society of Philatelists. The combined exhibition was meant to prepare formation of the All-Union Society of Collectors. The society was to be under the direction of Feodor Chuchin, the Commissioner for Philately and Scripophily.
Related pages[change | change source]
- All-Russian Society of Philatelists
- Organisation of the Commissioner for Philately and Scripophily
- Philatelic International
- Soviet Philatelic Association
- Soviet Philatelist
References[change | change source]
- Владинец, Н.И. [Vladinets, N.I.] (1977). "Филателия" [Philately]. In Прохоров, А.М., гл. ред. (ed.). Большая советская энциклопедия: в 30 т. (1970–1979) [The Great Soviet Encyclopedia] (in Russian; English translation). 27 (Ульяновск — Франкфорт) (3rd ed.). М.: Советская энциклопедия. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|chapterurl=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Manykina, V. (2015-02-23). "Philately in Russia, Part 2". Russia-IC: Culture & Arts: Manners, Customs and Traditions. Russia-InfoCentre; Guarant-InfoCentre. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Polchaninov, R. (1986). Translated by G. Shalimoff and D. Skipton. "From the history of philately in the USSR". Rossica: Journal of the Rossica Society of Russian Philately. 108–109: 46–52. ISSN 0035-8363. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
[Reprinted from 'Novoye Russkoye Slovo', New York, 27 July 1986, in the column 'Collector's Corner']CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)Archived from on 2015-05-15.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Grant, J. (July 1995). "The socialist construction of philately in the early Soviet era". Comparative Studies in Society and History. 37 (3): 476–493. ISSN 0010-4175. doi:10.1017/S0010417500019770. Archived from the original on 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-05-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Archived from the original and another source on 2015-05-15.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to First All-Union Philatelic Exhibition at Wikimedia Commons