|• Lord mayor||Petra Broistedt (SPD)|
|• Total||116.89 km2 (45.13 sq mi)|
|Elevation||150 m (490 ft)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Location[change | change source]
Göttingen is near a center of Germany. There are many methods to calculate the center of a country. Göttingen is about 10 mi (16 km) west-south-west of the center of Germany. This center’s location is calculated by the 3D-model of Germany.
People[change | change source]
There live about 130,000 people in Göttingen. There are about 30,000 university students. The university and its hospital are a big employer. Because of this, almost one third of people in Göttingen are there because of the university.
In Germany people must be allowed to stay. In 2020, 29.2% of the people allowed to live in Göttingen had a migration background.
Buildings[change | change source]
Sights[change | change source]
The most known sight is a water spring. The spring has a bronze statue. The statue is a girl. She carries three geese. The sight is called Gänseliesel, 'geese girl'. It is located on a square. The square is in front of the old city hall.
Places of worship[change | change source]
Traffic[change | change source]
Pictures[change | change source]
Sources[change | change source]
- "Göttingen". Encyclopedia Britannica. January 24, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2022.
- "LSN-Online Regionaldatenbank, Tabelle A100001G: Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes, Stand 31. Dezember 2021" (in German). Landesamt für Statistik Niedersachsen.
- "Göttingen". Retrieved December 5, 2022.
- Patowary, Kaushik (June 8, 2016). "The Goose Girl of Göttingen". Amusing Planet. Retrieved December 5, 2022.
- Joshi, Nandan. "Goettingen". Retrieved December 5, 2022.
- "Welcome brochure City of Goettingen" (PDF). City of Göttingen. January 28, 2022. Retrieved December 5, 2022.
Read also[change | change source]
Media related to Göttingen at Wikimedia Commons