|58th Prime Minister of Italy|
|Assumed office |
1 June 2018
|Deputy||Luigi Di Maio|
|Preceded by||Paolo Gentiloni|
|Born||8 August 1964|
Volturara Appula, Italy
|Alma mater||Sapienza University|
Giuseppe Conte (Italian pronunciation: [dʒuˈzɛppe ˈkonte]; born 8 August 1964) is an Italian jurist and politician. He serves as the 58th and current Prime Minister of Italy since 1 June 2018. On 20 August 2019, he officially announced his plans to resign from the position, but will continue to serve until a new government is appointed.
References[change | change source]
- Il premier tecnico di un governo politico
- Valentina, chi è l’ex moglie di Giuseppe Conte
- "Raggiunto l'accordo per un governo M5S-Lega con Conte premier" (in Italian).
- Giuffrida, Angela (20 August 2019). "Italian PM announces resignation in speech". The Guardian.
Other websites[change | change source]
- University of Florence personal page (including CV and publication list in English)